‘American Sole’ | O’Shea Jackson Jr, Pete Davidson

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Pete Davidson and O’Shea Jackson Jr. To Star in STXfilms ‘American Sole’ – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Following the success of Hustlers, STXfilms looks to have found a project in the vein of that box-office smash and has teamed with two of Hollywood’s biggest rising stars on it. Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson and Straight Outta Compton‘s O’Shea Jackson Jr. are set to co-star in American Sole, a high-stakes, high-top dramatic comedy set in the world of after-market sneakers, one of the fastest-growing areas of in-demand streetwear. The film will be written and directed by How To Make It In America creator Ian Edelman and produced by Kevin Hart and NBA All-Star Chris Paul.

Hart will produce through his Hartbeat banner with Paul producing his Oh Dipp!!! Productions banner along with Jake Stein, who will produce through his Scondo Productions label. The film marks Paul’s first feature film as producer.

American Sole is a story about the highly exciting, very profitable sneaker industry and the secondary sneaker market. With my own personal passion for sneakers and the culture that drives it, I’m excited to be a part of telling this entertaining story,” said Paul.

The pic follows two twentysomethings (Davidson and Jackson) with mountains of college debt who use the fast cash of after-market sneaker reselling to achieve their American dream. But when their startup runs out of cash and a shady investor is their only way out, the dream quickly becomes a nightmare.

Similar to the tones seen in STX’s Hustlers, which also touched one reaching for the American dream even when the system is against you, insiders believe this along with the talent involved could see similar success both critically and at the box office.

Oshea Jackson Jr. has been pretty fantastic in everything I've seen him in from Straight Outta Compton to Ingrid Goes West, so I'm glad to see the dude blowing up. I also really liked Pete Davidson in both Big Time Adolescence and The King of Staten Island. I'm down for this for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"