2010 NFL Draft Discussion

I completely agree that Tampa and San Fran were definite winners as well. I didn't list Tampa because I would have taken Tate at 35 instead of Price, and I'm trying to take into account the vast amount of talent in the first two to three rounds.

San Francisco has Singletary's fingerprints all over it. Two O-lineman who love to smash people in the mouth, and then Taylor Mays, who does nothing BUT crack jaws (Who is going to get some mentoring from Ronnie Lott. Ronnie! Lott!). Then they grab Dixon from Miss St. in hopes he can compliment Gore. I think San Fran is giving Alex Smith one more year before looking for a QB. I was expecting Singletary to grab some defensive playmakers to compliment Mays. Hopefully Bowman stays out of trouble and becomes a powerhouse at LB.

Last edited:
I completely agree that Tampa and San Fran were definite winners as well. I didn't list Tampa because I would have taken Tate at 35 instead of Price, and I'm trying to take into account the vast amount of talent in the first two to three rounds.

San Francisco has Singletary's fingerprints all over it. Two O-lineman who love to smash people in the mouth, and then Taylor Mays, who does nothing BUT crack jaws (Who is going to get some mentoring from Ronnie Lott. Ronnie! Lott!). Then they grab Dixon from Miss St. in hopes he can compliment Gore. I think San Fran is giving Alex Smith one more year before looking for a QB. I was expecting Singletary to grab some defensive playmakers to compliment Mays. Hopefully Bowman stays out of trouble and becomes a powerhouse at LB.

I think Taylor Mays, who is miffed at Carroll for passing him in favor of another safety in the draft, will play with a chip on his shoulders. Not to mention San Fran will play Seattle twice a year. It's gonna be interesting to see Mays going against his old coach this coming season.

I thought Seattle and San Francisco absolutely killed it. Seattle got starters across the board, and got some veteran bodies to help carry the running game. Frisco bolstered their offensive line and got a playmaker with Mays.

[Homer Alert!]

Tampa also had a great draft. Two playmakers at defensive tackle with McCoy and Price, and two playmakers at wideout with Benn and Williams. Not to mention Lewis, who'll probably be a nickel starter immediately.

Really your praising the Bucs:confused: other than the number 3 pick I was confused. They could have gotten Tate right from ND who will be great I think. For those same picks they could have gotten Holmes and Marshal or Boldin. Heck we could have paid the good reciever we had dropped skillett and still picked up one of the two recievers mentioned.

I'm so sick of the bucs not wanting to spend money because they are going bankrupt over manchester united. I'm a bronco fan until they sell the team:cmad:

Not in love with the 49ers draft. The two linemen they got have some big question marks. The kid from Rutgers has some real attitude issues. For some people Singletary's in-your-face style really works, for others it doesn't. As for Iupati, they better work on his blocking technique because he's going to get called for a metric ton of holding penalties if he plays like he did in college.

I also still dont think that Alex Smith is the amswer there at QB. I thought the Niners should've grabbed Clausen in Round 2.

Really your praising the Bucs:confused: other than the number 3 pick I was confused. They could have gotten Tate right from ND who will be great I think. For those same picks they could have gotten Holmes and Marshal or Boldin. Heck we could have paid the good reciever we had dropped skillett and still picked up one of the two recievers mentioned.

I'm so sick of the bucs not wanting to spend money because they are going bankrupt over manchester united. I'm a bronco fan until they sell the team:cmad:

Sure, you could look at the Marshall trade and complain (as did I). But we didn't pull the trigger on it. So I'm only looking at what we actually did.

Benn profiles as an instant starter, and Williams has the talent to be an immediate contributor at flanker.

You get two dynamic upgrades at DT that fit the system in McCoy and Price. Our biggest issue defensively over the past three seasons has been the lack of penetration from the DTs. They addressed that need in spades.

We're still in need of a premiere pass rusher at RE, but for now, I'll take this draft class and build upon it.

This draft was a decent step in the right direction for Tampa. Again, no one picked horribly in this draft, especially with the talent in this class. The only glaring flaw I saw was taking a second straight DT instead of giving a young Josh Freeman a big target in Golden Tate and hope and pray Winslow can get his head out of his ass to be at least a decent TE.

I really liked Tate, but the only problem I had with taking him was that the dude only ran 5'11, 195. The Bucs needed to get bigger at both split end and flanker, which is exactly what they did with Benn and Williams (both 6'2 220).

Just as long as they can keep Williams out of trouble in Florida and keep Benn motivated. They definitely addressed some needs, I'm just not sold completely on Price yet.

Mike Williams will ONLY be successful in Tampa if he becomes sincere, personal friends with Josh Freeman, while respecting him as team leader. If they have only a professional relationship, he will never be worth a damn in the NFL, because he isn't a professional - he is an athlete.

So much in Tampa is riding on the maturity of Josh Freeman. I believe he is up for the challenge.

Funny is that your kid Cmill? I have a son who's almost 2 and nearly every day I go home and toss around some kind of ball with him usually football :D

Mike Williams is gonna be a red zone freak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"