The Flash 9x04 “Mask of the Red Death, Part One”

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
LET THERE BE DARKNESS – The Flash (Grant Gustin) is forced to make an impossible choice. With the power out in the city, Team Flash calls upon the Rogue Squad to help as Iris (Candice Patton) is visited by an old friend. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) work on finding a balance. Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Joshua V. Gilbert & Emily Palizzi.

Yikes, this woman is a cringey actress, her dialogue is just terrible as is her delivery of popular Batman quotes . I never watched a single episode of her as Batwoman . But I can see why it was canceled.

Yikes, this woman is a cringey actress, her dialogue is just terrible as is her delivery of popular Batman quotes . I never watched a single episode of her as Batwoman . But I can see why it was canceled.
Actually she was a pretty good Batwoman in her own right but as a villain…. definitely yikes.

I hope they do away with the helmet now that her identity is out. Full-face masks work in comics and animation since they can be drawn with expressions, but they’re too static for live action.

I actually kinda liked this episode. A lot of it just felt like a comic book come to life and it was nice to discover Red Deaths motivation.

I agree that Javicia Leslie does not do villain well and the dialogue does her no favors. She was okay in the scenes she had with Iris but everything else was real cringe.

No chance Mark is actually dead either lol.

I actually kinda liked this episode. A lot of it just felt like a comic book come to life and it was nice to discover Red Deaths motivation.

I agree that Javicia Leslie does not do villain well and the dialogue does her no favors. She was okay in the scenes she had with Iris but everything else was real cringe.

No chance Mark is actually dead either lol.
Agreed. Overall I thought this episode was fun and thought Jacvica was fine in her scenes with Iris. It’s just I think i accept what this show is now as far as tone goes that it allows me to just sit back and enjoy it.

Agreed. Overall I thought this episode was fun and thought Jacvica was fine in her scenes with Iris. It’s just I think i accept what this show is now as far as tone goes that it allows me to just sit back and enjoy it.
You nailed it. It is what is at this point so might as well sit back and enjoy it

Just finished watching this episode. Holy crow, was it bad. The acting in the last scene alone made me bust out laughing. Not because it was intentionally funny, but at how god-awful Javica's delivery is. I am not entirely sure what the writers are going for. But its not good.

When I was reading Scott Snyder’s Metal, had you told me that I would be seeing a live action adaptation of Red Death, I’d have been over the moon. But this is pretty bad.

Still, like other have said, I’m just going to realize that this is what I’m getting and sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"