World A Supposed History in the Making of X-Men Films

2kt09

Snyder Rent-Free
Reaction score
Emphasis on "supposed". None of this is by my own research nor the thoughts my own as they've all been found here.
However, the information sounds fairly legitimate as most if not all were previously reported rumors and news.
I'm really fascinated by what could have been and with the interest in DC's failed projects via documentaries,
I figured this would be the closest and most vast collection of behind-the-scenes detail.

It's a substantial read that I wanted to just quote here yet unfortunately can't fit. So, here's an excerpt from an updated page of what's to come.
The studio greenlit a sequel, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, which is slated for May 2016, directed by Singer and written by Kinberg, Dougherty and Harris, detailing the formation of the X-Men and their battle against Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen, who plan to purge the Earth of humans and mutants alike to rebuilt it anew. McAvoy, Fassbender, Byrne, Lawrence, Hoult, Till, Peters and Helman are all returning, alongside Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse, Tye Sheridan as Cyclops, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, Alexandra Shipp as Storm, Kodi Smith-McPhee as Nightcrawler, Lana Candor as Jubilee, Ben Hardy as Archangel and Olivia Munn as Psylocke. A follow-up is already slated for 2018, with McAvoy and Fassbender set to return, and Sheridan, Turner and Shipp expected to follow suit.

After positive reaction to a leaked animatic proof of concept trailer, DEADPOOL was also greenlit, with Morena Baccarin as Vanessa Carslyle, T.J. Miller as Weasel, Leslie Uggams as Blind Al, Stefan Kapcic as Colossus, Brianna Hildenbrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Gina Carano as Angel Dust and Ed Skrein as Ajax. The movie will be released on February 2016 and set in the new continuity created by the events of X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.

Further ahead is GAMBIT, written by Josh Zetumer and directed by Doug Liman and starring Channing Tatum as Gambit and Lea Seydoux as his love interest, Bella Bodreaux.
This one took an early hit when Rupert Wyatt, the original director, dropped out early into pre-production process. Delays happened, the movie was also scrapped, but it soldiered through, and, although still slated for 2016 for the time being, will probably only see the light of the movie screen in early 2017.

Jackman will reprise his role one last time in WOLVERINE, written by David James Kelly and Michael Green, and directed by Mangold, which will explore Wolverine's relationship with Charles Xavier, with Patrick Stewart already confirmed to reprise the role.
This one is rolling out March 2017.

Also, in the pipeline, is Josh Boone's NEW MUTANTS, about the young students of the present day Xavier School for Gifted Youngers, troubled teens that are being trained by the big-wing X-Men, and which might feature Negasonic Teenage Warhead among its ranks.

Emphasis on "supposed". None of this is by my own research nor the thoughts my own as they've all been found here.
However, the information sounds fairly legitimate as most if not all were previously reported rumors and news.
I'm really fascinated by what could have been and with the interest in DC's failed projects via documentaries,
I figured this would be the closest and most vast collection of behind-the-scenes detail.

It's a substantial read that I wanted to just quote here yet unfortunately can't fit. So, here's an excerpt from an updated page of what's to come.

It's no longer up, I wish I could read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"