• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Aaron Sorkin's Lucille Ball Biopic (Kidman)

This wasn’t good. The supporting cast was good but the leads were completely miscast. Nicole is getting harder to watch as her Botox hides any natural wrinkles and she’s unable to move her forehead. Plus she could have used a bit stronger accent.

Javier is just not believable as Desi. He’s just too physically foreboding, which doesn’t fit Desi at all.

Just finished watching it and you literally summed up all of my thoughts about it. And just to piggyback, Nicole Kidman’s Lucy Ricardo voice was horrible. It was like an annoying version of Harley Quinn or something.

But this movie was all over the place. I did however enjoy the actress that played Vivian Vance.

I just watched this and I honestly didn't think it was bad. Maybe I went into it with low expectations but I thought that the cast did a particularly good job, mainly the four leads and the mini-Arrested Development reunion on the show staff. While Kidman and Bardem didn't really encompass Lucy or Desi in terms of their voices I was able to look past it thanks to their great performances. I'm not an I Love Lucy fanatic but I did grow up watching the show on Nick at Nite from time to time so it was cool to see a behind the scenes look, so to speak.

I was exceptionally un-impressed by this. My primary takeaway is that Sorkin DEFINITELY would have named names to the HUAAC if he had the chance.

I really like Sorkin movies so I enjoyed this quite a bit. I don't think Kidman and Bardem were good as Lucy and Desi, but they were good as two people in an Aaron Sorkin movie.

We could’ve had it all…

tumblr_inline_oz47aqBTdr1qid1d5_250.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"