African American actress

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
It's seems lately that if you're not halleberry then nobody wants you! we have several high profile African-American actors including african actor(Djimon Consou(sp?)), who have been in realy good movies. but when it comes to actresses, every studio seems to go to Halle Berry. She's a good actress, but come on there are plenty of females who can portray the role she does. for example Nia Long(are we done yet?). who i know for sure can do the role Berry does.

why do you guys think this is tho?

Actresses in general have a much harder time than men finding good roles. I don't know why you feel the need to act like its just black actresses who struggle. These types of posts irritate me.

Solid is right,it's hard for women in general to get none eye candy roles,it's not a colour thing

Not to mention the fact that I think we are starting to slowly but surely see plenty of black actresses getting recognition, Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union (you couldn't escape this women between '03 and '06!), Kimberly Elise, it's getting there, believe me. And with Jennifer Hudson snagging that Oscar, I think it's just gonna build momentum.

To be honest GoldenAgeHero is right imo, its hard for women in general but there arent that much african-american actresses getting lead roles comparing to other races....except for halle berry :o

and I dont think shes a good actress

im not singling out females for just females of colour. because there alot of movies out there that have white women in leads. but black women are barely casted as the female lead in these movies. the only times when you see a black female lead is when the movie has a cast of other black actors and actresses, unless you halle berry or rasario dawson.

I see what you're saying.
For a while it was all about Angela Bassett and Denzel Washington as if they were the only black actors in all of Hollywood. Can't have too many at one time. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"