• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

American Assassin

Yeah, it was always going to get mediocre reviews but many of the reviews do in fact praise Keaton and O'Brien, even the worst of the ones. They say the acting is more than fine, they just wish it was in a better movie.
Kind of hesitating on this one now.
I will probably still see it.
Maybe not this weekend though.

Kind of hesitating on this one now.
I will probably still see it.
Maybe not this weekend though.

Yeah... from the reviews I don't think I'd spend movie theater money on it. Catch something else and hold out for home video on this one.

Yeah. Apparently the first two acts are actually quite good, but it falls apart in the final act. That's a damn shame to be SO close to something solid in a really oversaturated genre only to have it all fall apart in the end. Glad to see the O'Brien love though. Guy deserves it after coming back from that accident.

That's the case more and more with movies these days. They really need to try harder.

I'm an O'Brien fan so I'm glad that he's been mentioned as one of the bright spots so she should be ok coming out of this. But Kitsch...I don't know.

That's the case more and more with movies these days. They really need to try harder.

I'm an O'Brien fan so I'm glad that he's been mentioned as one of the bright spots so she should be ok coming out of this. But Kitsch...I don't know.

I'm not sure what Kitsch's deal is either. I mean...he's not a BAD actor, but he just can't seem to pick roles. Everything he does is supposed to be his breakout, but every single time he seems to come out being the weakest link.

It's a decent action-thriller with some fun R-rated violence, fun performances by Keaton and O'Brien, but a rather generic and weak script with some clunky dialogue.

It wasn't bad by any stretch, I'd say it was decent and fairly enjoyable. If you go in not expecting much, you can probably end up liking it.

I'd say wait til Redbox though. It's a good movie to watch at home on a rainy weekend afternoon

It wasn't bad by any stretch, I'd say it was decent and fairly enjoyable. If you go in not expecting much, you can probably end up liking it.

I'd say wait til Redbox though. It's a good movie to watch at home on a rainy weekend afternoon

They've said it's kinda a poor man's Bourne. I'm actually more interested in reading the books. Has anyone here bothered to read any of the novels? Curious how they compare.

According to Double Toasted, it's the "DudeBro" of spy action films.

They've said it's kinda a poor man's Bourne. I'm actually more interested in reading the books. Has anyone here bothered to read any of the novels? Curious how they compare.

I can see that. I've heard the book was better and I am also interested in checking some of them out

Very disappointed with this movie especially since I'm a huge fan of the Vince Flynn series. Even though Olympus has fallen was a direct rip off of Tranfer of Power and I still don't see how they got away with that one without having to pay the Flynn family some money in royalties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"