• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Anyone think Marvel plans to bring back Gwen?

WhatIfTales said:
Whoa!!....not only am I sure I didn't read that I'm fairly certain I've never heard it mentioned even here at the hype!!....In Dragon's post he actually mentions Serba but I assumed it was a secondary character whose name I was simply forgetting.

How well was this received??... cause I have to tell you, it sounds like a retcon from hell!

And didn't Carrion show up in Amazing later?....I know I read a Carrion story..(and if memory serves me correctly it also involved the character Shriek?) but I don't recall there ever being any discussion of a connection with the Clone Saga....

This lengthy series of articles will tell you everything you need to know about those stories and the Clone Saga itself. It's fascinating, if you can stomach the gory details:

The Life of Reilly:

http://www.newcomicreviews.com/GHM/specials/LifeOfReilly/1.html

Ironically, Greg, you'd like Ben Reilly. He's everythin' you clamor fer in a Spidey. Over. And over. And over. And over again.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Ironically, Greg, you'd like Ben Reilly. He's everythin' you clamor fer in a Spidey. Over. And over. And over. And over again.

When the books were split in two, with two titles going to Peter, two to Reilly, I read only the Reilly books.

It was still a poor imitation, but still better than the "I am the Spider" garbage.

Now go pester Herr Logan.

Only if you get a new bag of tricks and stop repeatin' yer damn self. You want Spidey perpetually young. We get it. Get over it.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Only if you get a new bag of tricks and stop repeatin' yer damn self. You want Spidey perpetually young. We get it. Get over it.

I don't recall saying anything of the sort in this particular thread.

Eye Doc said:
When Gwen died, it on panel and in a believeable manner. Her neck broke. We saw her buried. And, we've probably had a thousand references to her death and its impact on Peter since she died in 1973. The story is considered one of the all time great/tragic stories in comics. Bringing her back would open a a large can of worms. And, even if you did bring her back, just what her role be?

um so is goblin coming back. stabbed in his chest didn't move and was one of the great stories of pete's time.

Certain people think Gwen is Peter' s one true love and that she's the girl Peter should've married. Yet, Quesada doesn't want a married Peter. Wouldn't bringing her back seem ulmtimately (no pun intended) prove anticlimatic if Peter can never marry her? IMO, it seems like Marvel would figuratively have to move a mountain to bring her back, but gain very little in doing so.

yup which won't stop them. end of clone saga remember that crap. peter isn't really peter. arrgh idiots. and his parents coming back as machine things and green goblin and aunt may. all of these charcters death were very purposeful and weren't that gimmicky unlike their returns.

If they bring Gwen back, then I will never, ever, buy 616 spidey again. And I'll most likely spit on Joe Q if I ever see him if he ok'ed this.

Sounds and looks to me that Gwen might be appearing in Spidey comics in the coming future. From what I saw of Loeb/Campbell's plans for their ongoing, and Campbell's sketches, we'll be seeing past stories containing Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborn.

And with the word time travel getting thrown around with Spider-Man's name and JMS/Quesada working on a big Spidey event in winter to clean up continuity. Anything is possible at this point.

Well Ben is coming back, so Gwen likely will too. Marvel sucks right now.

I dount ben and gwen are really coming back. Gwen probably will reappear but not stay for long.

She'll be in the movie - she'll come back in the comics.

Mara Jane summed it up best for me, bring back Gwen Stacy is the equivilant to the death of Spider-man as I prefered. I was afraid after seeing the name Gwen on the cast, something like that was going to happen in the comics. If only for a strain in the marriage? The love-triangle that still exsists even if her body is six feet under and she lives with the rest of the dead girls?

Who knows, maybe this Gwen will be the push to get more buyers of Ultimate, and have her life sucked out of her by Venom. I put nothing past anything associated with Marvel anymore. Besides, I'd always figured the MJ of the movies was to be a GweMJ, as not to deal with her death and crank up the rating, therefore keeping kids who call to their guardians to buy the mechandise.

Odin's Lapdog said:
wouldn't it be cool if parker went home one day and found uncle ben and gwen stacey screwing on his bed?

I'd buy that issue. I'd want to own the final nail in the coffin of 616 Spider-Man.

I have a feeling they are doing all this crap so they can phase out 616 for Ultimate and no one will care at that point.

Why have just one Spider-Man universe when Marvel is making plenty of money off of both universes....Ultimate and the regular Marvel universe. They'll stay separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"