Area 51 and Battle field sequels are on

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
According to the UK official x box magazines, it quietly slipped under the radar that Midway has announced work is under way for a next gen sequel to Area 51.

Also it had a small feature (with pics!) of the upcoming Battlefield sequel. It's set far in the future, and the two remaining world powers, the EU and Asia Coallition, are fighting for resources after a major global warming incident. It looks amazing, sadly I have no scanner, but maybe someone in the UK here has. It also has mech type vehicals, similar to what we have seen in Lost Planet. I loved Battlefield 2 Modern Combat and this looks even better.

The new Battlefield game look like crap to be honest. But Area 51? The rail shooter?

They remade it a while ago as a Halo styled game in Area 51 where you played as Ethan Cole (voice by Agent Fox Mulder) as a part of a hazmat team sent in when everything goes to heckles.

Wow. I didn't know that. I loved the arcade one and a pure FPS version is mighty tempting.

I checked it out and I meet the system reqs. I'm going to get this game as it looks way fun.

I loved Area 51 however it was sort of a let down for me because I like over hyped that game up the ass. I thought it was going to kill Halo however it didn't, I basically jinks it and I was livid. Maybe this game will make up for that? I can't wait for this game now I am going to probable over hype this one again to.

TheCardPlayer said:
The new Battlefield game look like crap to be honest. But Area 51? The rail shooter?

Why do you think the new BF looks crap?????

The first (second technically but on consoles first) was amazing, and this one looks great too.....I am intrigued with the story as well and how the US isn't a super power any more.

Horrorfan said:
Why do you think the new BF looks crap?????

The first (second technically but on consoles first) was amazing, and this one looks great too.....I am intrigued with the story as well and how the US isn't a super power any more.
Because the gameplay looks restrictive compared to war games like Operation Flashpoint. More arcade-like instead of pure simulation.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
I like over hyped that game up the ass.
You have a tendency to overhype games...

Anyways, it should at least be better the second time around. They need to ditch the horrible voice actors and just get people who aren't larger than their roles.

With next-gen overhead, they should be able to make a competitive product in all fields. After Psi-OPs, The Suffering and Shaoling Monks, I have a lot of faith in Midway. :up:

I didnt like Area-51 at all... Way too generic and boring. A followup might be worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"