Xbox Avowed

Reading about some spells from the PoE games, like Jolting Touch, being available in this makes me feel giddy. :D

Reading about some spells from the PoE games, like Jolting Touch, being available in this makes me feel giddy. :D

I love everything I’m hearing on Avowed. This will be Obsidian finally unleashed on full AAA fantasy RPG with a mega-budget and freedom to do what they want. Like a dream for me haha. It should set a high bar for ES6 to clear.

I started playing the Pillars of Eternity games on GamePass and I’m getting really excited for this. Obsidian is building a pretty rich fantasy world here and this looks to be their Skyrim (they’ve been quick to note the differences between this and Skyrim but it definitely has that feel to it and I mean that in a good way). I hope it comes out early in 2024 because I need a new fantasy action RPG to sink my teeth into. Between this, the Gothic remake and Dragon Age Dreadwolf, 2024 looks to be a great year for my personal favorite game genre!

I started playing the Pillars of Eternity games on GamePass and I’m getting really excited for this. Obsidian is building a pretty rich fantasy world here and this looks to be their Skyrim (they’ve been quick to note the differences between this and Skyrim but it definitely has that feel to it and I mean that in a good way). I hope it comes out early in 2024 because I need a new fantasy action RPG to sink my teeth into. Between this, the Gothic remake and Dragon Age Dreadwolf, 2024 looks to be a great year for my personal favorite game genre!
I’m massively looking forward to this. I love Obsidian and I also love this genre!

I started playing the Pillars of Eternity games on GamePass and I’m getting really excited for this.
Great games. It sucks that PoE 2 was a commercial flop. Hopefully under Microsoft they'll get to do a third game.

Speaking of which...

Great games. It sucks that PoE 2 was a commercial flop. Hopefully under Microsoft they'll get to do a third game.

Speaking of which...
PoE 2 on a BG3 budget could be amazing! Sawyer seems to have a pretty good deal going where he can make projects like Pentiment when he wants to without having to worry about sales. I'd greenlight whatever he wants lol.

So, a 3D Pillars of Eternity... Looks like I'll be going dual wielding wands on my first playthrough. :D

Gotta say… I’m not loving what they showed. The melee combat just looks awkward and weird. Maybe it will feel better in game, I don’t know. But it just makes me wish there was a third-person mode. The wand is straight out of Harry Potter and looks especially silly. There’s a reason why Skyrim, Dragon Age, Elden Ring, etc. use staves instead of wands for magic. They just look cooler.

The landscapes look cool at least. But a lot of the criticisms about the game looking dated after that trailer in 2023 were spot on. Also, the characters look really uncanny valley. That was one of the issues I had with Outer Worlds and it’s disappointing that Obsidian hasn’t improved upon that.

I’m sure it will be good from a narrative standpoint and maybe that’s what matters most. But with Dragon’s Dogma 2, Crimson Desert and other fantasy games coming out that look much, much better IMO, it will be hard for this one to stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"