• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Barney the Dinosaur movie in the works from Mattel and Daniel Kaluuya

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Barney the Dinosaur Movie in the Works From Mattel Films and Daniel Kaluuya

5otxKi2.gif

Mattel announced it is teaming with Get Out star Daniel Kaluuya’s production company 59%, and Valparaiso Pictures to develop a live-action motion picture based on Barney, Mattel’s Jurassic Era lovable purple dinosaur.

“Working with Daniel Kaluuya will enable us to take a completely new approach to ‘Barney’ that will surprise audiences and subvert expectations,” said Mattel Films’ Robbie Brenner. “The project will speak to the nostalgia of the brand in a way that will resonate with adults, while entertaining today’s kids.”

“Barney was a ubiquitous figure in many of our childhoods, then he disappeared into the shadows, left misunderstood,” said Kaluuya, 59%. “We’re excited to explore this compelling modern-day hero and see if his message of ‘I love you, you love me’ can stand the test of time.”

Last edited:
A new approach to Barney? Oh yes.

One word: Carnosaur.

I honestly thought this franchise was dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"