Best Drammatic sequence in any Comic Book Sequence

really, batman got owned in that sequence

bats and joker are supposed to be equals but batman was WAAAAAAAAY over his depth and he got schooled when the joker sent him the wrong way.

it was watching an episode of punk'd

especially since the joker knew about his relationship with rachel.

batman flapping around like a child with a superior intellect in the room, nah, not for me.

This was their first real confrontation. Batman didn't understand Joker yet. Alfred even tells Bruce in the movie "Perhaps this is a man you don't fully understand". It would make sense that the Joker would out smart Batman in their first in counter because he plays without rules.

My favorite scene in Iron Man is when Tony's watching the news about the conflict in Golmira. Then he strolls thru the lab and blasts away with his repulsor rays. He's built the suit, he's got the tools, now he's ready to use them! No dialogue, just RDJ really acting the hell out of that character.

Agreed, thats my favorite Scene in the movie

I love the one mentioned above and the one with Pepper and Tony. Where she quits and Tony tells her what he finally knows what to do.

To me, that made RBJ Stark for me. It's my favorite scene in the film, and the acting is so damn great from him. I love this guy.

As far as Marvel adaptations go the small, subtle scene when Peter (in Spider Man 2) guiltily tells Aunt May the truth about what he was doing the day Uncle Ben got killed at her dinner table gets me every time due to her reaction (she stands up and walks off whilst the camera just lingers on Peter momentarily).

For all their 'cheesiness' the Spider-Man movies(well the first two), at their best, have worked beautifully because of the unpredictable character based moments which, imo, even with X2 and IRON MAN, are still the best I've yet seen in a Marvel movie.

If we're talking comic based movies from any company there have been many(from Donner's SUPERMAN to THE DARK KNIGHT) but one that gets me is the moment we see Selina Kyle (in her kitchen, post murder attempt) turn into Catwoman in BATMAN RETURNS. What the scene displays, when she's playing back her answering machine messages as she drinks milk, is how this woman has been driven to madness by being bullied and let down by EVERYBODY in her life(from her mother to boyfriends who dump her to her murderous boss).

Pfeiffer(how come this woman still hasn't an Oscar) brilliantly puts across the dark, psychological tint Burton intended for his vision of Batman better than any actor assigned to play one of his eccentrics.

Last edited:
Pfeiffer(how come this woman still hasn't an Oscar) brilliantly puts across the dark, psychological tint Burton intended for his vision of Batman better than any actor assigned to play one of his eccentrics.

Seriously, I love her in that movie and I'm still pondering why she wasn't accepted...

Seriously, I love her in that movie and I'm still pondering why she wasn't accepted...

If you're reffering to her not being nominated for an Oscar for BR that's largely to do with the Academy taking the genre less seriously then than they do now.

her catwoman was pretty awesome and although i thought bruce and selina lacked chemistry, i thought batman and catwoman drowned in it...

no marvel film has really shown romantic chemistry. the best is in spiderman and its spidey's crush on MJ but it doesn't feel mutually reciprocated.

no marvel film has really shown romantic chemistry. the best is in spiderman and its spidey's crush on MJ but it doesn't feel mutually reciprocated.

Jesus, if that's the best one then we're in real trouble.

As far as Marvel adaptations go the small, subtle scene when Peter (in Spider Man 2) guiltily tells Aunt May the truth about what he was doing the day Uncle Ben got killed at her dinner table gets me every time due to her reaction (she stands up and walks off whilst the camera just lingers on Peter momentarily).
For all their 'cheesiness' the Spider-Man movies(well the first two), at their best, have worked beautifully because of the unpredictable character based moments which, imo, even with X2 and IRON MAN, are still the best I've yet seen in a Marvel movie.

If we're talking comic based movies from any company there have been many(from Donner's SUPERMAN to THE DARK KNIGHT) but one that gets me is the moment we see Selina Kyle (in her kitchen, post murder attempt) turn into Catwoman in BATMAN RETURNS. What the scene displays, when she's playing back her answering machine messages as she drinks milk, is how this woman has been driven to madness by being bullied and let down by EVERYBODY in her life(from her mother to boyfriends who dump her to her murderous boss).

Superb scene, gets me every time also, possibly my favourite scene in all of the spidey movies.

Was this ever touched on in the comics?

Was this ever touched on in the comics?

I actually don't recall an issue where Peter flat out told May that his negligence unwittingly led to Ben's death. If someone who knows Spider-Man history alot more could elaborate if that was ever the case?

He told Aunt May in Ultimate Spider-Man during the Clone Saga (the good one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"