• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Best Spider-Man #200? Amazing or Spectacular...

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
Ok... it started out in the Countdown thread, so why not make a poll...

Amazing Spider-Man #200

page8_20000000L.jpg

A powerless Peter Parker against the man who killed his Uncle Ben... Nuff said!!!

Spectacular Spider-Man #200

page9_20000000L.jpg

The final battle between bitter enemies/best friends... Nuff said!!!

Vote... and give your reasons why...

:yay:

I definitely have to go with ASM 200. Marv Wolfman's run is one of my favorites and everything seems like it comes to a full circle with 200 with Peter and his life(especially having graduated just issues before), Aunt May, and the Burglar. Like if Amazing ended there it would be a perfect endpoint for Spidey. Plus you got Mysterio :hyper:

I definitely have to go with ASM 200. Marv Wolfman's run is one of my favorites and everything seems like it comes to a full circle with 200 with Peter and his life(especially having graduated just issues before), Aunt May, and the Burglar. Like if Amazing ended there it would be a perfect endpoint for Spidey. Plus you got Mysterio :hyper:

Aloha,
Ditto.
Spidey rules

SSM 200 is amazing, but I have to go with Asm 200. Everything is just so perfect in the issue. Venom 1988's post sums up my feelings pretty much. :up:

Amazing. SSM 200 is also good, but just like ASM 400, it just isn't as powerful anymore is it?

To summarize how things work in the world of Spider-Man:
J.M. DeMatteis kills a character who is later resurrected by another writer

;)

I like the Amazing #200 but I voted the Spectacular. My second favorite Spidey-era is the JMD run and I liked almost everything that he wrote then. Spectacular #200 was one of his best (beside the Kraven's Last Hunt and The Child Within). I liked the Spider-Man #3 movie yet, because Harry said the same sentence at the end. :)

I only read Spectacular Spider-man and so I'd have to go with that one. I heard about the ending of Amazing #200, though.

Amazing Spider-Man 200 is amazing, but it doesn't lack cheese (Spider-Man unmasking to Carradine)
Spectacular Spider-Man 200 has great writing, great art (even as Sal was in his lowest in that era), the idea of two best friends fighting is pretty generic

SSM especially in terms of the many issues leading up to it has to take it. That was just fantastic.

Heck, I think USM game final fight is epic, one reason is that Pete & Eddie were best of friends
SSM gets my vote

Two Great Comics for sure. Loved them both, but I'm gonna go with Spectacular Spider-Man 200.

I gotta' go with SSM. I love Marv Wolfman's run and own his issues that introduced the Black Cat and nearly blew up Peter and JJ in a Smythe story....but I do own SSM#200 and not ASM#200. :oldrazz:

Plus, Harry and MJ's conversation on the bridge about their college days at the beginning, coupled with the final pages of Harry's death in Peter's arms and MJ holding his son....full of nostalgia and something that should have remained untouched. But like almost all good things post-ASM#200, Quesada destroyed that too. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"