World Big News on the Superman DVD Collection

Yay, I'll only have to buy the Donner Cut SII DVD. :up:

And maybe the STM four-disc. :o

Other than better picture/sound, is there any reason to get the SE of Lester's Superman II or is the 2001 version just as good?

Right now I'm thinking STM: 4-disc, Donner's Superman 2 and Superman Returns, and then getting Superman 2,3,4 at a DVD club or something.

Hell, I might even wait on Superman Returns since I know there will be a deluxe edition come sequel time.

mr jinx said:
Supergirl is not in the collection, but is being rereleased on the same day as its own disk.

Thanks.

I might pick that up too, I don't have it on DVD.

Bad Superman said:
and Superman III and IV Deluxe Editions ($19.97 SRP).

I know it doesn't say DE next to Superman IV in the individual lineup, but that part in one of the big paragraphs says SIV will be a DE. I'm sure it's just a typo.

As for the movies, I suppose I will be getting the STM 4 disc, SMII: Donner Cut, and SR.

Forget the original SMII, or III and IV. I would've taken them in the box set, but not separately.

Okay, although I'm not sure, I'm thinking about getting:
Superman (4-Disc)
Superman II (Donner Cut)
Superman III and IV ('Deluxe edition')
Superman Returns
and maybe Supergirl, but I probably won't get all of them until sometime next year, I'll buy them separately more than likely so I can get one at a time.

I'm going to be crazy and get them all.

I do wish they had the entire set (14 discs) but oh well. I hope you can get a box to put them all in if you choose to.

Capedwonder.com is nopw reporting that the 14 disc set IS INDEED happening, just that they havent set a date for it yet. They are calling it the "Ultimate" box set, so it sounds like this is the one with all of the goodies.

To prove that its true, Jim Bowers, webmaster at capedwonder has announced he has just signed a contract with WB to help design future DVD boxes with them. So, this is DEFINTLY TRUE!!!

Wow. I hope they'll release it at the same time as this set (though I doubt it) so I won't waste my money on this set first (I'm very impatient).

This is all fine and dandy but I already own all of these movies. Other than the Donner version of Superman II, buying these would be a tad redundant.

What this 14 dvds box set should have and what should dont have? please visit the new tread!!!

That's why I haven't bought Superman III or IV yet, because I've been waiting for a special edition to come out. Although I have got them on VHS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"