Superman Returns Brandon Routh - Will He Or Won't He Succeed Beyond Superman Returns?

Dr. Fate

Avenger
Reaction score
Straight up and straight forward - do you think Brandon Routh has a snowball's chance in Hell of maintaining a successful career beyond Superman, yes or no?

I don't know he was just pretending to be Chris Reeve in the movie...Okay I'll say maybe.

I have to say yes. Christopher Reeve has success after Superman so why not Barndon Routh. But he isn't Christopher Reeve. So if he doesn't listen to every idea that is thrown to him. Because some might be bad ideas. He might make it.

elvislennon2005 said:
I have to say yes. Christopher Reeve has success after Superman so why not Barndon Routh. But he isn't Christopher Reeve. So if he doesn't listen to every idea that is thrown to him. Because some might be bad ideas. He might make it.
No Reeve didn't.

Plus he has done voice work with the SR video game and as The Everywhere Man in TB. So both movie roles and voice roles.

Well, i geneuinly hope that Brandon has some success outside of Superman movies, because he seems a really nice person who wouldnt develop any sort of ego if he became successful, and i like it when nice people succeed. Plus, i thought he was great as Superman and was actually surprised at his acting range in SR.

sorry to say, but i think unless SR's sequel does well, Routh's future in hollywood will be low-key at best (similar to Reeve). i can't see him landing any major acting roles for big movies.

i'm not convinced the guy can act -- and there's too little in SR to sufficiently judge him. now he might wow some auditions and land roles, but based on SR, i don't see him in any leading roles.

this guy isn't from jilliard like Reeve, and it seemed to show with what little i saw of him onscreen. i see him having a career at best like Chris Reeve's -- at worst, like George Reeves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"