• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dark Phoenix "By the Bright Lady!" The Official Alexandra Shipp/Storm Thread

When you think about none of the X-Women talked to each other. Storm didn’t say anything to Jean in X1, she did to Rogue but those scenes got cut. In X2 Jean didn’t say squat to Rogue and in X3 Storm or Rogue didn’t say nothing to Jean and we’re supposed to believe these women all have a relationship???

Still, Ororo, as usual, while done justice in a supporting character sense, did deserve more. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more on the cutting room floor somewhere. As is tradition.

A supporting character ? She was a visual FX prop with a few basic throw away lines that anyone else could’ve said.

Of course she was fairly useless, no real defined relationship with anyone, and she spent majority of her fighting throwing lightning bolts around that didn't look that great compared to past action scenes we've had with the character over the past films. Seemed like she was either following orders, getting knocked out, or needing to be saved to help finish someone off.

Hopefully by the time I'm 40 and we get a reboot, the character will finally get done justice.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that Xavier initially told Storm to stay home and she had to speak up and stand up to Charles telling her she can't go. Isn't she older than Cyclops? At least Shipp is older than Tye...

I think it's absolutely hilarious that Xavier initially told Storm to stay home and she had to speak up and stand up to Charles telling her she can't go. Isn't she older than Cyclops? At least Shipp is older than Tye...

I don't think it had anything to do with age but more about the connections with Jean.

The objective of the scene was obvious "we are family and we have each others' backs." It failed, IMO. It just came off like Xavier treating them as kids, like the rest of the movie.

Kinberg can't write proper dialogue and he has to go to extremes, because earlier Mystique called out Xavier for treating the X-men as collateral but still adults. Now, they're just kids that have to be protected and should stay home.

I'm still waiting to see a proper Storm in a movie 8 movies and she's a glorified extra in most of them
extremely frustrating as a storm fan

I just know she is going to be BIG in the MCU

Working on a review for Dark Phoenix. Need some help. I can’t remember all things Storm did with her powers and in what order.

1. Created ice to hold spaceship together
2. Create ice cubes (mad me so mad)
3. Threw lightning bolts at Jean
4. Threw lightning bolt at Red Lotus
5. Flying
6. Created icy wind to hold off Red Lotus
7. Flying
8. Shocked alien on top of train with lightning bolts.
9. Created icy wind to blow back aliens over powering Magneto.

I know I missing things or this may be out of order. If any can remember please add and edit.

She also created wind to get herself to stand up (with this cheesy look on her face) after getting knocked down on top of the car.

She went from participating in the mass killing of people around the world in the last movie to making ice cubes in this one. What an arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"