• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

First Avenger Captain America - To Sepia or Not To Sepia

I like Sepia, the fact that the directer directed the Rocketeer, that had a little sepia overtone thru it, only makes so much sense for this movie.

imaginejim
I feel that putting CA in it would cheapen the memory of so many good men who gave their lives. I do know that there are some people that are going to feel this way no matter how you look at it, but you can put him in WWII without putting him in one of the biggest battles of the past century.

AGREED 100%... I would not depict the battle at Normandy, of the very reasons you mentioned. My comment about the intensity of SPR was about any battle scene with that intensity.

Rage
Hey, Normandy wasn't just the Americans...it was a joint venture of the Allied Nations. Just a pet peeve of mine. The Canadians and the British were also involved in D-Day and the storming of Normandy. That being said, I do think that they should avoid having Captain America being directly involved in storming the beach, but instead have him else where doing something even more dangerous during the invasion of Normandy. That would explain why he isn't menitoned in the history books as being there and it doesn't cheapen one of the greatest victories for the Allies during WWII.

I do think that they should shoot this movie very SPR and Band of Brothers...and less Indiana Jones/Rocketeer.

YES, YES and YES!!! Agree with every point... the points about the history of the Normandy battle, and the way Cap should be handled in his film.

Hey, Normandy wasn't just the Americans...it was a joint venture of the Allied Nations. Just a pet peeve of mine. The Canadians and the British were also involved in D-Day and the storming of Normandy. That being said, I do think that they should avoid having Captain America being directly involved in storming the beach, but instead have him else where doing something even more dangerous during the invasion of Normandy. That would explain why he isn't menitoned in the history books as being there and it doesn't cheapen one of the greatest victories for the Allies during WWII.

I do think that they should shoot this movie very SPR and Band of Brothers...and less Indiana Jones/Rocketeer.

Rage

Sorry, didn't mean to lessen the importance that our allies played in the invasion. This, even more, is why he shouldn't be in this invasion because then it's all about CA and America. Hell, even just talking about putting him in there made me only mention America. See, it's already happening. LOL

:)

Hey, at least we're talking about Normandy and that great accomplishment on Rememberance Day (Canada) and Veterans Day (USA)

I think that Cap should be somewhere else, doing something just as important to the war as the storming of Normanday...but something that didn't make the news because it was a secret mission. I want Cap to be in the war, just not at Normandy.

Maybe whatever Cap is doing, helps (behind the scenes) in the Allied invasion of Normandy...and nobody (civilians) would ever know.

Rage

I think this would work. I've imagined it looking like "Saving Private Ryan" from the get-go.

Rage
Word.

I was going to say the same. The over sharpness and saturation of Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan gave both of those films a period piece look without resorting to the cliched and overused sepia tone. I'm really sick of seeing that.

Also, word again. The US never set foot on Gold, Sword or Juno beaches or parachuted in around Caen.

May be he should already be in country - clearing the way for the invasion

My preference would be to take the filter lenses off the cameras and shoot raw, let there be lens flare from the explosions.

Film the action sequences from a field reporters point of view sort of approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"