Cats and dogs banned by Saudi religious police

comicgirl

Goddess in Residence
Reaction score
Muhammad was a cat person, but some say pets signal Western influence

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia’s religious police, normally tasked with chiding women to cover themselves and ensuring men attend mosque prayers, are turning to a new target: cats and dogs.

The police have issued a decree banning the sale of the pets, seen as a sign of Western influence.

The prohibition on dogs may be less of a surprise, since conservative Muslims despise dogs as unclean. But the cat ban befuddled many, since Islamic tradition holds that the Prophet Muhammad loved cats — and even let a cat drink from his ablutions water before washing himself for prayers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14738358/

WTF? This is scary. No separation of church and state = weirdness

Wha??

This reminds me of Borat:
"Shoot dog. We put him out in woods and shoot dog."

farmerfran said:
Wha??

This reminds me of Borat:
"Shoot dog. We put him out in woods and shoot dog."
LOL!!!! That movie rocked@!

Hey, Huskerwebhead Who knows; none of us understand one another. The evil west; the extremist east. We're like cats and dogs

Religious police? what the hell..

What's next...fashion police?

And westernized...? people have had pets for ages.

Hades said:
Religious police? what the hell..

What's next...fashion police?
Yep. "My God...the color of your abaiya is hideous! Its too black!":whatever:

Let me guess, there was a sale on beheadding knives but they all turned out to be cat and dog sized so in a effort not to waste state funds...

I find stuff like this infuriating -- In a similar vein, I work in manchester city centre in the UK and the influx of muslims a year or two ago tried to ban Christmas trees and decorations in the shops and on the streets because they said it 'offended' them. Sorry, slightly off subject but i had to let it out.

eggyman said:
I find stuff like this infuriating -- In a similar vein, I work in manchester city centre in the UK and the influx of muslims a year or two ago tried to ban Christmas trees and decorations in the shops and on the streets because they said it 'offended' them. Sorry, slightly off subject but i had to let it out.
WTF!!!? Jeez. from a tree? I don't know why I'm surprised; I'm from the land of the "force a certain brand of religion down your throat, home of the Christmas nazis (FOXNEWS)"

comicgirl said:
WTF!!!? Jeez. from a tree? I don't know why I'm surprised; I'm from the land of the "force a certain brand of religion down your throat, home of the Christmas nazis (FOXNEWS)"

LOL, silly isn't it?

9616f.jpg

And to think that little Saudi children will never experience this.

C.F. Kane said:
9616f.jpg

And to think that little Saudi children will never experience this.
LOL!
Or, the Shaggy D.A., Old Yellar.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"