Chris Hemsworth Stars "In The Heart Of The Sea"

Not a chance in hell. Paul Walker can't die again and JW's sequel won't have the nostalgia factor to aid it. The next installments of both of these franchise are guaranteed to drop. Count on it.

They are still going to make at least 1.2, 1.3 Billion at least from those movies, so still a big win for Universal.

I am happy for Universal after all those rough years. They seem to have trolled Disney all year. I just realized that the Minions will possible make more money than Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur combined worldwide. Did not see that coming.

Will not be surprised if Star War just makes a little more money than Jurassic World.

Yeah Chris is clearly not a box office draw. Next year will be better for him. Huntsman and Ghostbusters will do reasonably well, even though Charlize and Melissa are the bigger stars and bigger box office draws in those films.

Thankfully Marvel were smart enough to put the Hulk in the next Thor film.

But how many actors these days can draw a crowd just on their name alone? If a movie doesn't look appealing then no actor is going to pull in a crowd. And with the amount of information and the speed word of mouth has gained a bomb is going to bomb that much faster.

At the end of the day does the viewing public really want to see a movie about men slowly and cruelly killing innocent whale/s? I don't.

That is another reason I have no interest in it. Between the hunting and slaughter of a whale, the era of the movie and the tone of the movie there isn't much in the way of a audience outside of people over 50. Really, that's what the audience mostly consisted of.

Demographic breakdowns show that barely anyone under the age of 25 and a lot under the age of 50 had little interest in the film.
Dark Horizons

Yeah Chris is clearly not a box office draw. Next year will be better for him. Huntsman and Ghostbusters will do reasonably well, even though Charlize and Melissa are the bigger stars and bigger box office draws in those films.

Thankfully Marvel were smart enough to put the Hulk in the next Thor film.
Even the first Huntsman movie wasn't a huge hit domestically. He's not even the main guy in Ghostbusters. He's a supporting character. It doesn't really increase his box office clout. He's just hitching the wagon to another big established franchise.

I saw this movie tonight with a big group of friends and family. I thought it was really good. It was real depressing but I enjoyed watching it. All the actors did a great job, and now I'm even more excited to see Tom Holland as Spidey.
7.5/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"