The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan's Favorite Sequence From His Movies Is The Airplane Kidnapping Scen

Nolan has done it yet again, brilliant.

W9AxTpF.png

Movieception

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I wonder what his other favorite sequences are? The truck flip in TDK has to be in his top five I'd assume.

Is there such a thing as going too far?

[YT]zzSCx4cTN9E[/YT]

Tell me about dayne
why do they call him darkstar?

Funny that he chose this, it's arguably the most made fun of scene in one of his films

tdkr-0017_772.jpg

I recently came across this video. Gave me a whole new perspective on this wonderful sequence. I must warn you all though, its a big video.

the musical scores keep completely mesmerizing me in awe everytime i hear them and i keep being amazed on these slow-mo versions of the scores.

i remember back in TDK days there were so intensely cool 'mashups' from one track with another.

this vid sounds so spooky, it's awesome.

He must be talking about the technical parts of it right. Because CIA guy and Pavel's acting sucked. Hardy was boss though.

He must be talking about the technical parts of it right. Because CIA guy and Pavel's acting sucked. Hardy was boss though.
You can like something and still be aware of bad acting. Star Wars is full of those moments with Luke for example.

To add to that, Bane's over the top redub truly bothers me. I wish I had never seen the original version.

"YESH! The Fire Rises!". Ugh...

The fire rises line is better in the updated version in my opinion. That was the only line i didn't understand back in the day. The rest on the other hand...i prefer the older version.

Last edited:
Have to admit, it was more badass with just the nod, no "Yes!". And I do prefer most of the original line reads. I've basically gotten used to the new version now.

I do think that with all the surrounding hoopla with the dialogue/Baneposting, this sequence gets a bit shortchanged as an action set piece. Seamless integration of breathtaking stunts, camera trickery and a miniature work to create a spectacular, CG-free illusion. I'm not surprised Nolan rates it so high. It's one of the most daring sequences he's pulled off to date.

Have to admit, it was more badass with just the nod, no "Yes!". And I do prefer most of the original line reads. I've basically gotten used to the new version now.

I do think that with all the surrounding hoopla with the dialogue/Baneposting, this sequence gets a bit shortchanged as an action set piece. Seamless integration of breathtaking stunts, camera trickery and a miniature work to create a spectacular, CG-free illusion. I'm not surprised Nolan rates it so high. It's one of the most daring sequences he's pulled off to date.
I would have kept the nod, then the new voice for "the fire rises!"

"First one to talk gets to stay on my death star!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"