Sequels Continue the Holland Story or Reboot (again)?

NHawk19

insert witty comment
Reaction score
Well it's time for a poll.

Should they continue with Holland and the MCU adjacent Spider-Man or Start over again?

I'd put just stop as an option but they won't.

If he stays continue if he leaves I'd say they will reboot even if they should still continue

Just continue it. So long as Holland comes back, a reboot is pointless. Just proceed with your Spider-Verse and keep going without the MCU mentions. Rebooting Spider-Man yet again is a sure fire way to damage the IP.

If you can get Holland to sign at least a three picture extension, continue. But I would do another 5 year time jump, have Peter enrolled at ESU and replace most of the supporting cast.

If Holland refuses an extension I would go full reboot.

Another reboot would be really senseless, I don't think anyone wants to see a new beginning again. The closest thing to that that would work (and may be necessary) would be in later films make them more and more loose continuations.

Just continue it. So long as Holland comes back, a reboot is pointless. Just proceed with your Spider-Verse and keep going without the MCU mentions. Rebooting Spider-Man yet again is a sure fire way to damage the IP.
Exactly this.

I think one of the last things most people want to see is Peter getting bitten again and Uncle Ben dying again.

Another reboot at this point would be pointless and foolish. Even if Holland doesn't return, you recast ala James Bond, and continue with at least one more in this continuity for what its worth. that one tanks then Sony can start talking reboot.

The lack of an MCU would be a horrible reason to not continue with Hollands Spiderman.

It would be one thing if SMFFH underperformed ala Dark Phoenix, was panned, and Holland wasn't popular. After six appearances and a Billion dollars ,that's not the case.

Now, if after a third film in which Holland or a recast completes the trilogy , with no chance of Holland reprising after 3, and the High School years basically ending, then you can reboot without damage.

Just stop... At least for a while!

I posted this in the villains thread but since it pertains just as much here I'll re-post:
If a deal can't be reached this year, I think Sony should just do a Spider-Man 2099 film as opposed to another reboot involving Spider-Man just waiting things out to see if a deal can be made with Marvel Studio's in the next year or so.

If a deal still can't be reached before 5 years from now, then they can have Tom Holland's version meet the 2099 version in an event film signifying the end of the "Heroic Age" as the 2099 franchise puts it. The film would feature an older Holland post-college working at the Bugle with a less teched out suit (due to having destroyed so many) and a villain from each franchise could be utilized.

Tom Hardy could make a cameo as Venom if Venom 2 is a success and perhaps a 2099 version of Vulture could appear as well sort of like what happened in the comic just with a completely different story. I think a 2099 version of Vulture and present day Venom would work mainly because Vulture #1 people are familiar with from Homecoming and Venom cause he wouldn't need an introduction.

Last edited:
I really don't like this current Spider-Man. They should bin it an make 2099.

Im not a big fan of Holland's Spiderman and still they should continue... And i believe that's their plan, speciallly since they already brought the writers from Far From Home

I have to say, this spider-man hasn't been my fav, it got too high tech and too involved with the mcu. I wanted to see him on the streets, i wanted to see new york, i wanted to see a retro vibe, creating stuff from garbage. Just a kid in the city with powers.
Hopefully this scales it back and we see that. The MCU will do something, somehow i am sure.

Well he's signed on for more films right? Just keep going but just ignore the previous events. It's the best they can do.

As far as I'm concerned even with Holland it's a soft reboot

I highly doubt that Sony is gonna somehow drop the major cliffhanger elements from the last film. I doubt it will even be a soft reboot. Given the way the last one ended , the next story if anything , lends itself to a more isolated Peter Parker who is gonna have to stand on his own without the help of Fury or the Avengers.

Sony needs to focus on what's always matter, deal be damned, and that's Peter Parker . Not Tony Stark, not Thanos, but Peter Parker and his struggles.

The MCU interconnected stuff , for me , was gravy , and was nice . But it's more important to have a good Peter Parker story than it is to make reference to other characters movies or have guest appearances by other heroes.

My concern about this whole thing is not that Spiderman can't hang with Thor anymore. Its that the quality of the solo films will go down and we'll end up with another ASM 2 or SM3.

Imo, anyone calling themselves a Spiderman fan should hope and root for the next film to be as good if not better than the last as opposed to rooting for failure under Sony.

No! fed up with reboots!

We want sequel of FFH, everybody knows who is Spiderman and considers him as a criminal

In 2014, we wanted Amazing SM3 post-Gwen's dead, newlover MJ, battle against Sinister Six .. but it was cancelled

Now, we dont want a SM3 Holland cancelled because post-FFH is becoming more interesting

Last edited:
It's a weird thing where the identity reveal (and fugitive status) in the comics is generally thought of as a mistake, a forced lead-in to even-worse "One More Day," not sure how they can resolve it especially without the more supernatural characters of the MCU. Maybe the filmmakers could resolve it by having the Chameleon be a part of a third movie, though.

Reboot.

No solo movie for a bit but establish a Spidey that exists within the Sony Universe. 20-some, broke yet experienced and independent.

Nothing against Holland as an actor but just his presence would remind me of the baggage of Iron Man Jr. so start fresh.

All Sony can do is reboot.

They only have Holland and they can’t keep anything that originated in the MCU, up to and including the costume designs. Those black stripes added to the classic suit served a purpose.

So no younger Aunt May, Michelle, overweight and Asian Ned, and no iterations of villains with ties to Tony or the MCU.

But hey, at least they can shoehorn him into Morbius now.

Too many reboot. Enough!
I Hope Tom holland wont play a rebooted Spidey but a Spidey sequel to FFH made in Sony

No more reboots please! I was upset when the last 2 were rebooted when there were so many ideas going forwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"