Daisy Ridley In Talks To Star In Thriller ‘The Ice Beneath Her

Sounds like a decent role for her to progress her career into something where she plays a more mature character.

It’s good to see Ridley taking on more roles, but I’m curious to hear what she would sound like with an American accent. We know her Star Wars co-Star John Boyega crushes at it, but what of Ms. Ridley?

Is it me or has John Boyega's career suddenly imploded, while his ego has gotten bigger?

Is it me or has John Boyega's career suddenly imploded, while his ego has gotten bigger?
He certainly hasn't done much outside of Star Wars. Pacific Rim 2 was a big dud

It’s good to see Ridley taking on more roles, but I’m curious to hear what she would sound like with an American accent. We know her Star Wars co-Star John Boyega crushes at it, but what of Ms. Ridley?

She did an American accent for the English dub of Only Yesterday.

He didn’t have much of a career to implode, all he basically had was Star Wars. Plenty of actors have that one big claim to fame and then nothing else.

Also all the smack talking he did after Rise of Skywalker probably isn’t helping.

He's a talented actor, who has delivered several great performances since breaking onto the scene with "Attack the Block."

And following the mainstream success of "Star Wars" he starred in "The Circle" and "Detroit," and it was looking like he was off to a promising path. Also, his co-stars (Daisy Ridley and especially Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver) have managed to build themselves a career.

But it seems like it all came to a halt for him at one point (and the "Pacific Rim: Upright" flop didn't help), and at the same time I get the sense that after the success of "Star Wars" his ego inflated exponentionally and that it may have put people off.

Again, I may be wrong. I'm merely judging by the way he's started carrying himself in interviews and started picking his projects (by jumping onto another franchise to star, produce and overall tailor onto himself, which backfired).

It would be shame, because he's talented. It has happened to many talented artists before. Eddie Murphy's career started dwindling as he gained (and wanted) more power and his ego inflated (but thank God for his recent comeback). Same with Sylvester Stallone.

But I'm WAAAAAAAAY off-topic. So, sorry for that.

The premise sounds interesting. Sounds like it could be a good role for her.

I gotta see Ready or Not soon!

I made the thread for the movie in here but I haven't had the time to see yet. Almost everyone who has seen it love it so I'm very curious to say the least and that movie has made the director a hot property in Hollywood and he is getting promising projects left and right. The guy must be very promising.

Directors. Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillette. And together with producer Chad Villella they form the filmmaking trio Radio Silence.
"Ready or Not" was plenty of fun.

I gotta see Ready or Not soon!

I made the thread for the movie in here but I haven't had the time to see yet. Almost everyone who has seen it love it so I'm very curious to say the least and that movie has made the director a hot property in Hollywood and he is getting promising projects left and right. The guy must be very promising.
Me too! I'm gonna rent it soon

Will be interesting to see where her post Star Wars career goes. But she is beautiful, talented and seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

He's a talented actor, who has delivered several great performances since breaking onto the scene with "Attack the Block."

And following the mainstream success of "Star Wars" he starred in "The Circle" and "Detroit," and it was looking like he was off to a promising path. Also, his co-stars (Daisy Ridley and especially Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver) have managed to build themselves a career.

But it seems like it all came to a halt for him at one point (and the "Pacific Rim: Upright" flop didn't help), and at the same time I get the sense that after the success of "Star Wars" his ego inflated exponentionally and that it may have put people off.

Again, I may be wrong. I'm merely judging by the way he's started carrying himself in interviews and started picking his projects (by jumping onto another franchise to star, produce and overall tailor onto himself, which backfired).

It would be shame, because he's talented. It has happened to many talented artists before. Eddie Murphy's career started dwindling as he gained (and wanted) more power and his ego inflated (but thank God for his recent comeback). Same with Sylvester Stallone.

But I'm WAAAAAAAAY off-topic. So, sorry for that.
He's still young. Star Wars has a way of hindering young actors careers, and his shots at the franchise (deserved in my opinion) aren't helping I'm sure. Regardless, he'll be fine if he just nails some good roles in smaller films before going back to something bigger again. Shake off the labels and show his talent. Daisy hasn't been nearly as prickly but a similar approach will help her as well.

Also, his co-stars (Daisy Ridley and especially Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver) have managed to build themselves a career.

I'm not sure that Daisy has a bigger career than Boyega at this point. They seem pretty even, it's Driver and Isaac who are flourishing. But this role does sound like an interesting step for her. I'm probably going to see if I can find the book to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"