David Benioff and Dan Weiss to adapt sci-fi epic 'The Three-Body Problem' for Netflix

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
'Game of Thrones' showrunnners announce a massive sci-fi series for Netflix

The duo are teaming with writer-producer Alexander Woo (True Blood) to tackle Liu Cixin's The Three-Body Problem trilogy, which depicts humanity’s first contact with an alien civilization. The saga's debut book was published to considerable acclaim in China in 2008, while an English translation by Ken Liu became the first Asian novel ever to win a Hugo Award for Best Novel in 2014. The New Yorker dubbed Liu "China's Arthur C. Clarke," referring to the 2001: A Space Odyssey screenwriter

They should never be given another series to be in charge of again. They all but admitted they had no idea what they were doing and only did as well as that by sheer accident. Then they got bored and decided to wrap it up in one of the biggest botched finales ever.

Interesting book, but this feels like the wrong choice for them

At least with this series, the books are finished, so these clown writers can't rush the ending and screw it all up. :eek:

Interesting book, but this feels like the wrong choice for them
I feel like they're only doing this because they didn't get to do Tyrion's chain trick with the boats in Blackwater and well....

At least with this series, the books are finished, so these clown writers can't rush the ending and screw it all up. :eek:
They rushed GOT because they got tired of it and wanted to work on star wars. They could end up doing the same with this. But I hope Netflix has the good sense to replace them as showrunners if they try to pull that **** on this.

They rushed GOT because they got tired of it and wanted to work on star wars. They could end up doing the same with this. But I hope Netflix has the good sense to replace them as showrunners if they try to pull that **** on this.
Star Wars? I feel like I've missed something?

They had a deal to make a Star Wars trilogy. Netflix gave them a bigger check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"