• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past Did anyone prefer "First Class" over "Days of Future Past"?

I will go with

X2
DOFP-the rogue cut
X-Men
First class/The Wolverine-Extended version-I kind of go back and forth over which one i like better
Origins
Last Stand

the last 2 are in my least favorate comic book films.and yeah i dislike last stand more than origins.

I will go with

X2
DOFP-the rogue cut
X-Men
First class/The Wolverine-Extended version-I kind of go back and forth over which one i like better
Origins
Last Stand

the last 2 are in my least favorate comic book films.and yeah i dislike last stand more than origins.

I go back and forth on between TLS and WO which is worse, so I understand.

I actually find origins more watchable because there is so much wrong with it like bad CGI and pointless fan service characters that it feels almost aware it's a bad fun movie and isn't trying to be anything more then that while X3 feels like a movie that actually thinks Its better then it actually is and that's what makes it disappointing

I have probably watched origins more then I have X3 because i don't like to watch more then 10 minutes of X3

Last edited:
As I'm in my X-Men movie marathon, I found myself preferring First Class, mostly because it can be taken as a reboot or a movie on its own if you do not watch the other movies. Days of Future Past requires the continuity of the other films -sans Origins- but still establishes its own rules as a sequel to the Last Stand.

It neglects some important stuff from the original trilogy:
  1. Cerebro was originally built by Chuck and Erik together, FC made it done by Hank.
  2. Charles knew Eric when they were 17, FC made their first meeting at the age of 30.
  3. Raven is the loving adopted sister to Charlie? Nothing in the first trilogy referred to them being old friends whatsoever.
  4. Charlie was able to walk 20 years before the main events of the first X-Men movie (which was probably in the 1980s), First Class crippled him in 1962.

It neglects some important stuff from the original trilogy:
  1. Cerebro was originally built by Chuck and Erik together, FC made it done by Hank.
  2. Charles knew Eric when they were 17, FC made their first meeting at the age of 30.
  3. Raven is the loving adopted sister to Charlie? Nothing in the first trilogy referred to them being old friends whatsoever.
  4. Charlie was able to walk 20 years before the main events of the first X-Men movie (which was probably in the 1980s), First Class crippled him in 1962.

-Charles said Magneto helped him to build, we can say Hank created cerebro and later Erik helped to renew this
-Charles knew Eric when they were 17 is the only continuity error. as well as Jubilee in apocalypse
-Raven and Xavier are on their own since some decades. They separated in 1962 in OT (no meet again until original trilogy) In NT they meet again thanks to Logan, altering Raven's destiny
-Hank' serum is the clue, but Xavier cant use his powers when he takes serum. Anyway, they dont like Origins its a piece of junk

No the true question is:

How Erik escaped from prison in OT and how Xavier overcame himself without Future Xavier's help

I'd call it a minor improvement but far from great. But I don't think highly of Bryan Singer films. I think his direction is terrible despite having great ideas, I don't like his execution.

Absolutely. Loved FC. But I'm one of the few that think DOFP is extremely overrated - not to mention poorly written. I pretty much despise Simon Kinberg.

X-2 is still the best of the X-Men films.

This is my opinion also.

First Class was great but its more of a wild card alternative to the best of the films. First Class I liked for been a very compelling movie, the politics was on point not dumbed down as we see in other comic films.

But and this is a big but. I think the top 3 X-Men movies as a fan and as a person who enjoys artistic film approach are:

Logan
X2
DOFP

Are the best. they are the top 3. First Class and Deadpool are the wild cards of the best of this 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"