• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doctor Sleep

We both agreed that the actor they got to play/portray Jack Nicholson/Jack Torrence was just bad though...

tenor.gif

Damn it, it's long time due to watch this.

Also, can I say that Flanagan is dang smart as a screenwriter and how he adapted the book. He is very faithful to the text in a lot of ways but he knew precisely what sub-plots to cut, what things to focus on, and what to tweak or add. And his delivery of what he wrote in how he and his team crafted the film is very effective. Incredible triple threat work from him on this as writer, director, and editor. (And I was pretty impressed with what this movie got out of a $45 million budget).

Flanagan is truly one of the best and most well-rounded creatives in the horror genre right now and I can't wait to binge Bly Manor and Midnight Mass.
That he was able to pull of a sequel to both the book and the movie simultaneously AND found a way to include the ending of the first novel is nothing short of miraculous. It's one of those cinematic tasks like making a sequel to Blade Runner that should be cinematic suicide, and yet here we are, with sequels so much better than they have any right to be, nay, GREAT movies in their own right.

Seeing those images now with the virus situation going on makes me hope all their hands were clean. :p

Fun fact from the book:

Abra's mother Lucy Stone is the daughter of Jack Torrence and Sandy Reynolds. Jack had an affair with Sandy when he was a teacher. That's why Abra calls him Uncle Dan.

I wish they would have kept this connection between Abra and Dan in the film.

Yeah, I am so glad they left that out. It felt so contrived and tacked on in the book, I really hated it and hoped it would be cut. Flanagan has great storytelling instincts and came through for me, ha.

But you still get the "uncle" allusion. Flanagan was so smart in how he paid his respects to the book and Kubrick's Shining without compromising what he was making.

Finally watched it tonight really loved it all the leads were great I really loved Rebecca in this she does villains SO well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"