Dream Jobs: Then and Now

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
What was your dream job as a kid and what is your dream job now?

as a kid, a firefighter or a rich businessmen
now.... not sure what

As a kid...a pro-wrestler. Today...the creative director for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios.

Well I've always wanted to do something with art. I used to think I wanted to be a Police Sketch Artist but they have software for that now plus I really got into video games so I guess my dream job now would be a concept artist. Still got a ways to go before I'm at that level though.

Last edited:
as a kid, an actor. right now, a doctor.

Zookeeper. Getting close to my goal too.

Ive always wanted to be a filmmaker since I was very little. Nowadays I want to become a comic book artist, and still want to be a filmmaker. As long as I keep the art classes up, and keep practicing with setting up shots on cameras and filming on home cameras I can hopefully be able to do it one day.

Dream job since I was in the 5th grade was just to write books and plays.

Its still the same dream job.

When I was kid, I wanted to be a mailman and a Dairy Queen employee. The little swirl they put on top the ice cream was the best!

Right now, I want to be some sort of filmmaker or artist. Either direct films or work for Pixar.

When i was a kid i always wanted to be an astronaut lol

Now i would say my dream job would have to be a stand up comedian :)

I wonder how many kids would actually want to be an astronaut, firefighter, cop etc. if it wasn't suggested to them at a young age that those are the kinds of things they should want to be.

Sounds like someone wanted to be a psychologist. :awesome:

Or a nosey pain in the ass. Eh, same difference.

I used to want to be an actor or comedian.I still wanna act, but I'm too stupid to come up with my own jokes, I just..do funny things.

I wonder how many kids would actually want to be an astronaut, firefighter, cop etc. if it wasn't suggested to them at a young age that those are the kinds of things they should want to be.
My parents never really put the thought of being an astronaut in mah head... After seeing Space Jam i made it my childhood mission to go into orbit and play some b-ball with Michael Jordan. :woot:

When I was younger, I wanted to be a brain surgeon. And a writer. And a director. And a producer. Among other things.

Now, I would love to be a university professor and get paid to read and talk about stuff I'm interested in anyway. AND look real smart doing it too! Nothing becomes the socially inept like intellectual snobbery. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"