• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elijah Wood Is a 'Maniac'

I almost saw this at C2E2, they were holding a special screening; but the line was too long so I split. And I really wanted to check this out.

For anyone who saw it, is it almost as gory as the original or is it less?

Last edited:
Where have you guys been seeing the movie? Theaters? DVD?

I'll just say that the blu ray got out overseas... :ninja:

I almost saw this at C2E2, they were holding a stupid screening; but the line was too long so I split. And I really wanted to check this out.

For anyone who saw it, is it almost as gory as the original or is it less?

It's slightly more if not a lot more gory than the original. While they got rid of the iconic scene [BLACKOUT](Tom Savini's head getting blown up)[/BLACKOUT] from the original they manage to show something as shocking.

Okay, i "acquired" the movie and checked it out. overall i thought it was okay....

The movie started out strong. but the more it progressed the more redundant it all was, lacking in anything clever. then i felt the ending was really rushed and played out rather dumb. the whole POV thing worked really well sometimes, but was cheezy and gimmicky other times. the gore was pretty rad though, and there was some good weirdness too. the two references to the original film was nice.

overall i'd give it a 6.5/10

New Trailer for Maniac
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104663

3gGMVx8.jpg

Destroy The Brain's Late Nite Grindhouse is going to be bringing this film to St. Louis in July. I am quite excited.

Maniac is up on netflix for anyone wanting to know. :up:

I have to say I really loved this film and even prefer it over the original in many ways, it had such a great atmosphere about and Elijah did a fantastic performance, he really embodied Frank Zito.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"