Email issues .... still going on!

Psionic Force

Sidekick
Reaction score
I started a thread about this about a month ago and no one offered me any help. I PM'd Malice about this 2 days ago and have not received a response. I am STILL having email issues. Here is what I sent Malice. It is hard for me to believe I am the only person having this. I hope someone can fix this!

"I made a thread about this not to long ago and did not get any help with it. I used to get email from the SHH forums from the actual email address. Then one day, it changed for some reason. The emails from SHH are now coming from UnknownSender@UnknownDomain. There is no '.com' or anything. All the emails are going into my spam folder. Now some people suggested I contact AOL, I did. They have informed me that it is not an AOL issue, but it is something that you all would need to take care of. I asked AOL what might cause this for you and they told me that there is a possibility that they have set up a nickname for the e-mail address. They have stated that, to solve this issue, the Postmaster for SHH! will need to contact the Postmaster for AOL. They have requested that the sender of the e-mail (you) to ask their system administrator or Internet Service Provider to call the AOL® Postmaster Hotline at 1-888-212-5537. They have also informed me that the Postmaster Team, which is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, can work with the ISP to quickly resolve the issue. Additional information is available at the AOL Postmaster Web Site: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/ . I am not sure if you are the exact person who can handle this, but if not, I hope you can forward it on. I hope that you can get this resolved as I am becoming very annoyed."

At the risk of sounding cynical--Why does it matter? Why not just subcribe with no email notification, and check SHH whenever you can?

Because I like to know when people have posted in threads I have ....

Which is what will happen when you subscribe. Why not use a different email, just to see if that fixes the problem?

Why should I have to go through all that trouble when the issue is not my problem, it is clearly a board issue. I am not going to create email addresses just to see if something 'might' work.

I thought this thread was to get help for issues .... not to get suggestions for ways around things?

If it's clearly a board issue with AOL, I wonder if it will CLEARLY be a board issue with another email as well. As I recall, you didn't get that many posts in the last thread, either, so there's little to no people having the same problem, I'd assume. Besides, it's not like it's difficult to make a new email.

I still would have thought that someone on SHH's end would have looked into instead of just letting the thread die. I guess I could not have been more wrong

First,
I thought I PMed you back. (maybe I was in the process and someone stopped me while I was at work, that is my fault)

Noone else is experiencing this problem.
I dont think its on our side.

Second,
Have you unsubscribed your posts then resubscribed them?

you did not PM me ....

I have talked to AOL twice. Once they walked me through steps to see if maybe it was an issue on my computer through AOL to see if it resolved it, it didnt. Then I just dropped it because no one seemed to want to help here. Then the other day I talked to them again and they informed me that, from the look of the email I forwarded to them, that it was something on SHH! end. But I guess I will just drop it again ...

I guess I have no other choice but to try that.

ok... just unsubscribed to all of them, deleted them and resubscribed... still getting emails from UnknownSender@UnknownDomain

Psionic Force said:
I still would have thought that someone on SHH's end would have looked into instead of just letting the thread die. I guess I could not have been more wrong

Truly, though, your case is an isolated issue that only YOU are having problems with, even with all the other people on the site that use AOL. People tried to help you out in the last thread, and you were a bit snide to them for their suggestions, and here you are again being pissy about a problem that only you are having and being slightly insulting to the very folks who you would like to help you. You'll catch more bee's with honey, as my Grandaddy used to say.

jag

My last thread was filled with more people telling me that this was an issue only I was having, or that they were not having the problem than there was any 'help' .... I thought that I would give it a go again since there was not that much 'help' offered in the other thread.

And I apologize for being 'snide' about this ... that is not my intention. I guess I am just dumbfounded at how this is a forum specifically set up so that, if people have issues with SHH, they can go post them and get some help, but it just turns into people telling me that I am the only one going through it. I actually thought that, when you posted here, your issue would actually be looked into and that suggestions would be offered based on the findings. Like in my message above and my PM to Malice, there is a phone number for them to call and actually have this researched by someone with the technical know how. I am not able to do this because they stated they need to speak with the Postmaster of SHH! And since I am not that person, my hands are tied.

I do thank Malice for thei suggestions offered, I do appreciate it. I just thought I would get more definite answers instead of assumed resolutions that, from the sound of it, have never been tried and therefore probably dont work.

Just to let you know .. I have switched my email address on here from AOL to Yahoo ... will see if that works.

It's very difficult to troubleshoot issues that only a single user is experiencing, to be honest, no matter which side of the equation you're trying to do so from. Understand that nobody here (save for Mirko) gets paid to help you with your problems. It's all pro bono and it is time consuming. Malice has the inside edge from the SSH! side since he's one of the Admins, so maybe he'll be able to come up with something for you, but be patient. He's only one man and he's got a day job and a family. Personally, I still believe the issue to be a client configuration issue, no matter what the AOHell guys are telling you. See how the Yahoo email address works for you, though, and go from there. That's a good troubleshooting step. :up:

jag

ok.. well .. I take back all I said. I guess AOL misinformed me. Yahoo is getting the messages the right way :(

god dam aol!

Psionic Force said:
ok.. well .. I take back all I said. I guess AOL misinformed me. Yahoo is getting the messages the right way :(

god dam aol!

You now have gained a very small undertanding of why so many people hate AOL so much.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"