• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Gifted eXtreme measures | The Gifted's seventh episode

Reaction score
ECLIPSE'S EX RETURNS
Garret Dillahunt ("The Mindy Project") and Michelle Veintimilla ("GOTHAM") Guest-Star

Eclipse receives a call from his ex-lover, Carmen (guest star Michelle Veintimilla), and must revisit his dark past in order to protect the Underground. Reed and Sage (Hayley Lovitt) comb through some secret files they recovered and find alarming information about Lauren's new friend. Meanwhile, Thunderbird helps Blink open up about her past life and Jace greenlights a special surveillance program with the help of Dr. Campbell (guest star Garret Dillahunt).

Nothing, guys?

Well, I enjoyed it. Even though it was minimal, it was nice to see Sage get more to do. Needs to be more, but it's at least happening slowly. Though Shatter is still just there to give a few lines here and there.

Was only a matter of time that Lorna would catch onto what Marcos was doing and it's nice to see Dreamer also getting in on the action as well. Didn't expect to get a name drop of Trask Industries at this point, though. That was a surprise.

Hmm, Granpda Strucker worked for Trask. Yet, his dad and aunt were mutants, similar to the kids. Very interested.

I need them to get the ball rolling.I hope this was the last of the Marcos/Carmen storyline, I just don't care about it.

Next week looks interesting.

I was thinking the season was 10 episodes but its 13.

I felt so bad for Clarice when she found out what had happened at her foster family home. The scene was intensely emotional and so sad.

It was interesting to watch Dr. Campbell worm his way further and further into Agent Turner's department and set the stage for using the mutant Hounds to hunt down other mutants. This should be very interesting.

They should make it 8 or 9 episodes but compact and exciting. I don't like the side stories that sound totally make up and dramatic to fill in the minutes for another episode.
This episode has almost no new information, kind of boring.

I found it slow as well. :( is this even going to be renewed?

The show is gonna be renewed, its ratings are fine.

This episode was a lot more eventful than last week's. Good developments between John/Clarice and Lorna/Marcos. It's the good kind of soap-y. Plus more Campbell, which automatically makes it better than the week before.

Like the tie-in with Trask Industries. Also, finally saying the Hounds names!!

Another slow episode. God!

Though finally, some vfx for Sage. Her mutant eyes! Though still she's so ordinary in this. Poor Sage!

Pretty soon they'll have Gambit who only just shuffles cards really well. :(

This is lackluster, maybe I just watched too many shows and I really expected for them to give their a-game. But this is not even Heroes sseason two but season four and No Ordinary Family and only more interesting bcos of the comic characters but yawn, six episodes to go. Its like they are slowly building up to the finale where the actual $#&+ is going to happenand in return, we get these slow episodes, it just makess the show boring.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why I'm still watching it. X-men loyalty I guess. But you're right. It's not wowing me, not like Stranger Things that grabbed me from the first. :(

Actually I am not surprised, the show runner of this has a show recently, it was called APB. It was canceled and didn't get glowing reviews. I am just a bit thankful that Fox didn't get greedy by ordering a back nine order.

But if I pitched this show to you few years ago and say that Fox would pick this up, you would call me crazy. This is just not an ideal for a X-Men verse show. It feels like a cash grab, to follow the rest because Cw/ABC/Netflix/NBC have a show related to Marvel or DC characters. It is just not a very inspired X-Men show. A real X-Men comic book fan would come up with something more ambitious.

Last edited:
Better than last episode. I rolled my eyes at the angry teen daughter and protective parents cliche. That romance was not earned at all.

I like how there evolving Kate's role in the group. Every team needs a doctor/healer and I like how she was a mentor to the young mutants.

Didn't love this episodes plot, but didn't hate it either. Kind of filler-ish. Seemed to only functions as a catalyst for drama between Polaris and Eclipse.

Sadly Reed once again feels like dead weight. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Reed should be killed off. Preferably by sentinel service's as it will hopefully trigger Andy to go full blown villain, join the Brotherhood (or tv equivalent) and start his own arc as the ultimate troubled teen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"