• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Exxon CEO fighting water tower near his house out of fracking concerns

SV Fan

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...-fighting-water-tower-near-his-house-out.html

The CEO of Exxon Mobil Corp. is joining opponents of a proposed water tower who fear it could lead to fracking-related traffic near their homes.

Rex Tillerson, CEO of the biggest natural gas producer in the U.S., has joined a lawsuit along with neighbors in his Texas town to block the water tower, the Wall Street Journal reports. The problem isn’t the tower itself — it’s oil-and-gas drilling and its accompanying noise and traffic that may come with it.

An attorney for Tillerson told the paper the executive’s main beef is that his property value could be impacted. The nearly 15-story water tower would be next to an 83-acre horse ranch Tillerson and his wife own and a short distance away from their 18-acre homestead.

The Tillersons aren’t the only high-powered people protesting the water tower’s construction, the paper said. The lead plaintiffs in the suit are former U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader Dick Armey and his wife.

The water tower’s future is in limbo as the lawsuits make their way through the court system.

Tillerson became CEO of Exxon (NYSE: XOM) in 2006. Fracking is a big part of the company’s business, especially in Texas.

The irony.........its too ****ing much..............

It's fine to get fracked so long as you are not rich.

You know, the irony of this situation is probably not lost on the CEO of a major oil corporation (in other words, he's probably not stupid).

There could be more to the story. This seems to be a too blatant example of irony.

That or he's never heard of the Streisand effect.

I have literally never heard of that ****ing thing. You are a wise man Teelie.

Funnily enough, I've mentioned and linked to it several times in the past on the forums when someone creates an effect.

I tend to not pay attention to what anyone says except myself. Because I'm self centered and a prick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"