DC Television Failed DC pilots: JLA, WW, etc..

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
Since they likely cant sustain individual threads...figured might as well put them all in one!

Just a place to talk over the failed pilots of DC past:
  • The Adventures of Superboy TV Pilot (1961)
  • Who's Afraid of Diana Prince TV pilot (1967)
  • Wonder Woman TV pilot (1974)
  • Legends of Superheroes special (1979)
  • Justice League of America (1997)
  • Aquaman TV pilot (2006)
  • Plastic Man animated series (2006)
  • Wonder Woman TV pilot (2011)

I recently rewatched the JLA unaired pilot again and I have to give them kudos for trying. Not only would we have gotten characters that such as Fire/Ice that are largely ignored, we also had Green Lantern (Guy Gardner who was more Kyle) and Martian Manhunter who didnt just masquerade around as a human 99% of the time. Even the costumes were decent given the time (1997).

jlamvwp.jpg

justice-league-bad-movies-main.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't really like the mockumentary style of the JLA pilot. And I don't mind Fire being race bent but Michelle Hurd is boring.

Adrianne Palicki as WW was too angry and scowling.

I didn't really like the mockumentary style of the JLA pilot. And I don't mind Fire being race bent but Michelle Hurd is boring.

Adrianne Palicki as WW was too angry and scowling.

I think it would've been an interesting entry into the Super mythos and ahead of its time as mockumentarys have become very popular with sitcoms nowadays. It's amazing that it took over 20 years for us to get a Green Lantern back on tv (Stargirl)

Adrianne could make a great WW but I dont know what they were thinking of giving David E. Kelly the keys to the character. Nothing about him is superhero or action. He created Alley McBeal! The fact that he made Diana some lonely person who cried over Steve Trevor and had a chip on her shoulder fighting criminals was.....not a great look.

Adrianne Palicki might have worked with a better costume and script. She's a pretty good actress. Justice League pilot was odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"