Fathers and sons

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
I was told by many before, watching this film as a Father is a new experience. Well I just watched it for the first time since my son was born and although I had emotional investment in the film before I have been more so now. Those people telling me that were not wrong at all.

Right from the moment Jor El placed baby Kal El into the rocket, a thought occurred to me, would I be willing to put my son in a rocket we're the planet about to explode. I'd like to think I would but when Lara says "I can't do it" she is probably echoing the feelings of any parent. There's a chance he might not make it but Jor El believes he has a chance and that is worth the risk.

There are moments later like when Pa Kent sacrifices himself for his son (regardless of personal feelings of anyone about the execution of the scene I'm talking about simply making a sacrifice). I would definitely sacrifice myself for my son, it wouldn't even be a question. I would just do it.

There are other moments in the film of course that reflect those father and son moments but those two above were the ones I resonated with even more this time out. Man of Steel is certainly a film about Fathers and sons that's for sure.

I was told by many before, watching this film as a Father is a new experience. Well I just watched it for the first time since my son was born and although I had emotional investment in the film before I have been more so now. Those people telling me that were not wrong at all.

Right from the moment Jor El placed baby Kal El into the rocket, a thought occurred to me, would I be willing to put my son in a rocket we're the planet about to explode. I'd like to think I would but when Lara says "I can't do it" she is probably echoing the feelings of any parent. There's a chance he might not make it but Jor El believes he has a chance and that is worth the risk.

There are moments later like when Pa Kent sacrifices himself for his son (regardless of personal feelings of anyone about the execution of the scene I'm talking about simply making a sacrifice). I would definitely sacrifice myself for my son, it wouldn't even be a question. I would just do it.

There are other moments in the film of course that reflect those father and son moments but those two above were the ones I resonated with even more this time out. Man of Steel is certainly a film about Fathers and sons that's for sure.

I also related to this. I was on the flip side. I was young and my dad was so needed for me to survive a horrible childhood trauma that I would have let him die if he told me too. I would have obeyed anything he said. He was the protector. He saved me every single day just by being there.

I also related to this. I was on the flip side. I was young and my dad was so needed for me to survive a horrible childhood trauma that I would have let him die if he told me too. I would have obeyed anything he said. He was the protector. He saved me every single day just by being there.

:up:

That's amazing mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"