• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Apocalypse Favorite power display from Psylocke in the X-Men movies?

Reaction score
My favorite is definitely the psionic knife, its her signature power and even though they only showcased it in X-Men: Apocalypse like twice, it was WORTH IT!

I kinda liked the psionic whip, though she didn't really showcase it in the comics. She had a grappling hook in the recent X-Men comics but not a whip. But it was still fierce, when I saw it, I was like "Whip it girl!".

I'm not really a fan of Psylocke's psionic katana. Maybe if there was a sword fight, I would have loved it but eh. If she returns for another X-Men movie, I hope she uses the psionic knife more often that the katana.

Then her power display in X-Men: The Last Stand could have been cooler. Like I didn't mind that she had that shadow thingy, because in the comics, she had that ability after the Crimson Dawn issues. I just wish it was presented better on screen.

Psionic knife was my favorite! I like all of Psylocke's power displays, but that psionic knife looks especially badass.

She didn't actually shadow teleport in X3. She was invisible in light and made herself visible. That was far different than the actual shadow teleporting she did n the books

This makes me want to watch the movie again. Oh psylocke. ..love of my life

She didn't actually shadow teleport in X3. She was invisible in light and made herself visible. That was far different than the actual shadow teleporting she did n the books

I'm pretty sure there was a comic story where she used her TK to bend light and make herself invisible, so they must have been inspired by that.

I'm pretty sure there was a comic story where she used her TK to bend light and make herself invisible, so they must have been inspired by that.

Psylocke got TK in Xmen Revolution back in 2000 and was killed off a year later. She definitely did not do that during her short stint in Uncanny and X-treme X-men under Claremont. If she did do that, it was a later feat after she was resurrected and wouldnt have been an inspiration for X3 in 2006. In any case, it wasnt shadow teleporting

It's bs that she didn't have telepathy. That's the power that can play into her character more then anything along with the psy blade if they actually put forth some effort and knew what they were doing.

The lasso thing was stupid visually and for powers. Was she not trying to kill Beast? The lasso can't cut through skin but the psy blade can cut through cars? This was a creative and just dumb mess with her. You have a telepathic ninja equipped with katanas and pretty much any telekinetic weapon who can execute in numerous fashions and you give her a friggin lasso in her already very limited screen time? That is not how you introduce Psylocke. If they wanted a character with no screen time and a whip then use Senyaka.

Take why she works well in the books otherwise don't bother. Lassos and being silent isn't why you use Psylocke in an X-Men film.

Last edited:
It's bs that she didn't have telepathy. That's the power that can play into her character more then anything along with the psy blade if they actually put forth some effort and knew what they were doing.

The lasso thing was stupid visually and for powers. Was she not trying to kill Beast? The lasso can't cut through skin but the psy blade can cut through cars? This was a creative and just dumb mess with her. You have a telepathic ninja equipped with katanas and pretty much any telekinetic weapon who can execute in numerous fashions and you give her a friggin lasso in her already very limited screen time? That is not how you introduce Psylocke. If they wanted a character with no screen time and a whip then use Senyaka.

Take why she works well in the books otherwise don't bother. Lassos and being silent isn't why you use Psylocke in an X-Men film.

I think it was enough that Xavier and Jean had telepathy and that Apocalypse had psychic powers as well.

Nowhere was it said that she didn't have telepathy. Caliban was working with a group of psychics after all. I'd like to think her power upgrade from Apocalypse could have boosted some limited telepathic ability.

i'm more interested in whether Caliban was supposed to be a mutant and what his powers were. He had distinctive eyes but otherwise was simply running a black market mutant-tracking business, selling information. I didn't mind the changes to the character, he was intriguing and I wanted to know more.

I think it was enough that Xavier and Jean had telepathy and that Apocalypse had psychic powers as well.

Nowhere was it said that she didn't have telepathy. Caliban was working with a group of psychics after all. I'd like to think her power upgrade from Apocalypse could have boosted some limited telepathic ability.

i'm more interested in whether Caliban was supposed to be a mutant and what his powers were. He had distinctive eyes but otherwise was simply running a black market mutant-tracking business, selling information. I didn't mind the changes to the character, he was intriguing and I wanted to know more.

For all intents and purposes, she didn't have telepathy in this film. I don't think her working for Caliban is any evidence that she did. To think she does is nothing more than an assumption, one without any basis in what was written or shown. That's like saying Caliban has super strength, just bc he had it in the books. If the movie isn't portraying that than it ultimately doesn't matter. If we don't see it, then what difference does it make? Its not like we saw her use it for recon, strategy or even combat. If Apocalypse boosted some type of TP, its not anything we saw indication of.

I don't think it would have been overkill to give her TP in spite of Xavier and Jean. Neither used their TP for combat outside of that psychic battle with Apocalypse on the astral plane. Psylocke always tended to use her TP different with it being more physical manifestation with her butterflies and psycho blast and later psychic knife. The only reason I can see them not giving her that is that it likely would have made her overpowered.

I didn't even think of that but you make a valid point. Her TK not injuring Beast more is inconsistent

Last edited:
Ah screw it... I wanted to ask any of you how things could work if Psylocke appears in the present time...I was thinking about ideas for a story that spans over some time from the moment she leaves the aftermath of Apocalypse and just go from there. Although given her age...I'm not sure exactly how to go about explaining how she could age slowly. Maybe Essex Corps has something to do with that I dunno. Like what if Mr sinister injects her with something that her mutation rejects parts of the serum while the rest is absorbed by her uh what you call it energy power...hmm. anyway I just wanted to hear from those who might be willing to help me out.

I am disappointed in myself that I don't have any comicbooks related to Psylocke...I have mostly deadpool...and some xmen...I am going to make a trip this week to the comic shop and see what I can get my hands on...I was pretty sure I had some at home but...damn it was so long ago when I read about her and stuff.

In terms of fan-fiction there are planty of ways to do it but in terms of the film series i doubt they will make any effort to do such a thing.

Last edited:
Would I sound too negative if I said "None"?

She really didn't do anything that exciting as far as I was concerned. Quite a surprise after seeing Munn's training. Singer gave Mystique and Deathstrike really good action beats previously as well. Thin characterization could be expected, but I thought she would at least provide some fun action.

Ah screw it... I wanted to ask any of you how things could work if Psylocke appears in the present time...I was thinking about ideas for a story that spans over some time from the moment she leaves the aftermath of Apocalypse and just go from there. Although given her age...I'm not sure exactly how to go about explaining how she could age slowly. Maybe Essex Corps has something to do with that I dunno. Like what if Mr sinister injects her with something that her mutation rejects parts of the serum while the rest is absorbed by her uh what you call it energy power...hmm. anyway I just wanted to hear from those who might be willing to help me out.

I am disappointed in myself that I don't have any comicbooks related to Psylocke...I have mostly deadpool...and some xmen...I am going to make a trip this week to the comic shop and see what I can get my hands on...I was pretty sure I had some at home but...damn it was so long ago when I read about her and stuff.
Crimson Dawn. Let that be used to restore her youth in present day

Crimson Dawn. Let that be used to restore her youth in present day

Ok. Thanks.

I was also thinking of coming up with my own original character who interacts with Psylocke here and there. I was thinking of him being part of the military but gets discharged due to not carrying out orders....I dunno. I was thinking also of him being a bI product of some sort of experiment similar to Steve Rogers to give him some super human strength as well as some telepathy ability...and is very lethal with badass weapons like swords but in particular Sai swords...lols. yeah I know sounds crazy...and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"