• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Firefox...No Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't figure this out by myself, but it just isn't working for me. My Firefox is not playing any audio (no streaming video, music, etc.). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and that didn't work. I tried installing new codecs (and in doing that, I found out that some of my codecs were broken for some reason) and that didn't work. It's not my speakers because they work perfectly fine. I can launch iTunes or Windows Media Player to play music and I can watch video from my desktop. The sounds on my computer work perfectly, but my browser can't seem to play any audio whatsoever.

- Does anyone know what my problem is?
- Is Malware involved somehow?

Weird, this just happened to me earlier, but is working fine now. No idea what it could be, I just rebooted my comp.

I hate to ask....is your audio set to MUTE on your pc?

I hate to ask....is your audio set to MUTE on your pc?

Of course not. I'd slap myself if I didn't realize that. I even rechecked to see if it was a problem with my speakers and they are a-ok.

So judging from the posts so far, this may be a Firefox glitch? I rebooted my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled the browser. I just don't get it.

I have been dealing with this same problem.

When it has happened to me, I have to close out all of my Firefox windows and restart.

Mods, please close this thread. I need to make a new thread with a new problem. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"