• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

From the makers of L.A. Noire - ****e of the Orient

To be honest i think max payne 3 and the past max payne games themselves did a better job of presenting a film noir story.

LA Noire took all the stereotypical elements we associate with film noir without actually presenting a full fledged noir story.

Haven't played Noire yet, been wanting to. This game looks fun though. I'm intrigued.

****e of the Orient facebook-page: www.facebook.com/****ient

And the first screenshot.

564611_338354346258075_1067580596_n.jpg

Sounds like this project is dead, for now.

****e of the Orient Team Shut Down
Development reportedly halted on L.A. Noire creator Brendan McNamara’s latest.

The team working on L.A. Noire creator Brendan McNamara’s ****e of the Orient at Kennedy Miller Mitchell Interactive has reportedly been shut down, according to sources who have contacted MCV Pacific.

KMM absorbed an unspecified number of former Team Bondi staff members after the L.A. Noire studio was liquidated. Subsequently, KMM co-founder and Mad Max-creator George Miller acquired the rights to McNamara’s ****e of the Orient.

In a November 2011 interview with The Australian Financial Review, Miller explained he was ready to go forward with two games; a game version of Mad Max: Fury Road backed by Warner Bros. (that was initially supposed to be made in Sweden) and ****e of the Orient.

What’s changed is unclear at this stage. On the former, Warner Bros. recently registered several domains relating to a Mad Max game, although a suspicious teaser image out of Swedish Just Cause studio Avalanche has raised doubt around where the game is being developed. On the latter, a source has indicated to us that the publisher lined up for ****e of the Orient had, in fact, been lost some time ago.

As of November 2012 ****e of the Orient was reportedly targeting a 2015 release, with development to ramp up early this year.

More information as it becomes available.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/18/****e-of-the-orient-team-shut-down

Can't say I'm broken hearted. I never really trusted the guy behind the games. I was always a bit sceptical of Noire when I heard it was the guy behind the Getaway games which were rubbish.

Though Noire turned out to be good (overhyped though), but after hearing about the nonsense that went on with that game and it having taken Rockstar to essentially bail them out to make it hit stores, I was never going to look at a game with that guy attached with any interest.

It's a shame, i hope they make more L.A.Noire games though, the original was a strong game but there's much that can be expanded from in a sequel.

Team Bondi's ****e of the Orient Receives Funding
$200,000 isn't much, but it's something.

The Australian government has granted $200,000 to KMM, the production house that recently acquired the rights to ****e of the Orient. The company received this funding following the alleged dissolution of L.A. Noire developer Team Bondi, Game Informer reports. Ex-Team Bondi members, who formed Intuitive Game Studios, also received funding. ****e of the Orient was originally aiming for release between 2013 and 2015.

While hardly enough to create and complete a modern video game, the $200,000 provided to KMM by New South Wales' Interactive Media Fund could keep ****e of the Orient afloat until it finds an investor or publisher. The IMF is intended for "creative digital content projects that are commercially oriented and destined for distribution on web-enabled platforms or devices and interactive video game consoles...with the ability to benefit other sectors such as health, finance and education."

Team Bondi was never forthcoming with ****e of the Orient information prior to its closure, so it's uncertain how, exactly, the project will benefit any of those pieces of Australian infrastructure.

****e of the Orient's story isn't over yet, and we'll have more on KMM's troubled project as it happens here on IGN.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/team-bondis-****e-of-the-orient-receives-funding

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"