Glory Daze a new series on TBS set in the 80s

Metamorpho1977

You jack wagon!
Reaction score
Anyone seen the commercials for this show? It looks good. Kind of odd that the majority of the cast doesn't look old enough to even remember the 80s.

TBS Orders 'Glory Daze' For Late 2010
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday May 13, 2010 @ 7:07pm PDT
Tags: Actors, Cable, TV, TV Pilots
COMMENTS (15)EMAIL THIS | PRINT THIS |

TBS has officially ordered hourlong fraternity comedy pilot Glory Daze to series. The series pickup for Franklin & Bash, which will move to TNT, is still pending. TBS has ordered eight episodes of Glory Daze, including the pilot, for a premiere in late 2010. The series, from TBS Prods and creators/executive producers Walt Becker (Wild Hogs) and Michael LeSieur (You, Me and Dupree), centers on a group of friends who are trying to navigate college life in 1980s Wisconsin. Kelly Blatz, Callard Harris, Matt Bush, Drew Seeley, Hartley Sawyer, Julianna Guill and Tim Meadows star.

EXCLUSIVE 'Glory Daze' Close To TBS Series Pickup; But TBS' 'Franklin & Bash' Now TNT-Bound

So basicly it's that 70's show in college?

I've watched the first three episodes and I actually quite like the show. My only reservation about it is that I feel it would work much better as a movie. The show clearly borrows from movies like American Pie and Animal House and has a similar vibe. I've enjoyed the characters so far, and think they're fairly adept at comedy.

To be honest though, I think they should push the show for a little while and then try to spin it off into a series of movies rather than keep it on TV. The actors clearly are not famous enough to get on the silver screen yet, but there is definitely some talent amongst the cast, and if you threw in a few big names I think it could be pretty good. I also feel like if you got a good writer attached, say like the guys behind The Hangover, they could make something really funny. You don't necessarily need big names for comedy, American Pie certainly didn't.

I also feel like a movie might be a bit more careful about perserving the eighties feel and setting. Watching this show I half expect one of the cast members to pull out an iPhone or start playing XBOX. The jock Brian has a hair style that is way too modern. I grew up in the eighties and something about these guys is just off and doesn't feel right. The college Republican, Jason, seems to be the only one really personifying the eighties, what with his Reagan obsession, and he really hams it up. The rest seem like they just like the eighties. It's almost like me wearing a retro T-shirt from the gap and saying I'm a child of the seventies.

Either way I like the series, still hope there is a movie down the line.

the show is ok. love the music they use throughout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"