Good online personals sites?

Hellboy Jr.

Civilian
Reaction score
Yes, yes, I know they're lame, I don't care. Does anyone know any good online personals sites? Yahoo charges money, and Craigslist is full of weirdos for my area. Anyone have any other suggestions? :hellboy:

All of them are filled with weirdos I would imagine.

every single one I've ever seen advertised charges...uh...match.com says in there ads they dont, but I bet they do...

Hellboy Jr. said:
Yes, yes, I know they're lame, I don't care. Does anyone know any good online personals sites? Yahoo charges money, and Craigslist is full of weirdos for my area. Anyone have any other suggestions? :hellboy:

Having a little trouble getting ladies the "conventional way" ? :o

Well, what IS the conventional way? Picking people up at a bar is lame, if not impossible, I'm not in school anymore to just run into people my age, I've asked a couple friends if they know anyone, no dice. What's your suggestion?

if you see an attractive girl hanging out at someplace you like just go talk to her :o

The Joker said:
if you see an attractive girl hanging out at someplace you like just go talk to her :o

Maybe he wants a safer venue where he can have ample time to think things over before he speaks and not make an ass out of himself when he does, such as...I dunno, the INTERNET?

:o

pfft, good luck...people ususally make an ass of themselves ten times as much online, cause they have the security blanket of anonymity :o

The Joker said:
pfft, good luck...people ususally make an ass of themselves ten times as much online, cause they have the security blanket of anonymity :o

But it's also because of the anonyminity that there are no consequences. Hence it's a risk free game.

The Joker said:

OLD SCHOOL = THE BEST SCHOOL

:up:

Get some freaking confidence, guys...a lot of them LOVE that and it'll make meeting people a hell of a lot easier...

(yes I DO understand that it's not necessarily easy just to suddenly "GET" confidence)

Hellboy Jr. said:
Well, what IS the conventional way? Picking people up at a bar is lame, if not impossible, I'm not in school anymore to just run into people my age, I've asked a couple friends if they know anyone, no dice. What's your suggestion?

I have a buddy who moved out to Phoenix from the East Coast and didn't know a soul, so he joined one of those adventure clubs where they go hiking, scuba diving, sky diving, biking, etc. He's met a lot of great friends and women through that, including his current girlfriend (I think he dated half the adventure club before he found one he liked).

So, there's something to look into for ya. :)

jag

One could also get into a fine arts related career where you will meet many a hot fine arts career related chick :X

They are the bestest!

Hellboy Jr. said:

I've used them and so have a number of my friends (both male and female)... and the thing we all agree on: it generally seems to be one of those times where you get what you pay for. Those who tried the free personals met with the most weirdos (I never did) and the more you paid, the more stable/less scary people you met.

We all had the best luck with eHarmony... which also is the most expensive, although if you create a profile and don't pay initially, they'll send you a 3 months for the price of one deal that's not bad.

I actually met my current boyfriend on eHarmony and it's also where a friend of mine met his girlfriend. My guy and I have been dating for about 5 months and my friend and his girl for about 3.

jaguarr said:
I have a buddy who moved out to Phoenix from the East Coast and didn't know a soul, so he joined one of those adventure clubs where they go hiking, scuba diving, sky diving, biking, etc. He's met a lot of great friends and women through that, including his current girlfriend (I think he dated half the adventure club before he found one he liked).

So, there's something to look into for ya. :)

jag

This isn't a bad idea... especially for guys, because even though they frequently say the ratio is equal men and women, in my experience with clubs here in the DC area it ends up being more like 2/3 women and 1/3 men.

Elijya said:
try myspace

and get some 50+ yr old man pretending to be a girl ;)

I know people who have actually gotten married thanks to match.com.

I don't know about eharmony but those folks sure look happy from those commercials.

Erzengel said:
I know people who have actually gotten married thanks to match.com.

I don't know about eharmony but those folks sure look happy from those commercials.

I met a couple okay guys on Match, but they weren't quite who they presented themselves to be in their profiles. It wasn't drastically different, but it was things that made them not right for me.

For example, one guy in his profile and initial messages came across as outgoing and with a strong personality, and then when I met him, he slouched and talked so quietly I kept having to ask him to repeat himself (and even then I couldn't here him sometimes). Apparently the anonymity of the net allowed him to appear bolder than he really was, and I'm sure that as he gets to know someone better he's more outgoing with them, but that's not the kind of guy I was looking for.

Morg said:
and get some 50+ yr old man pretending to be a girl ;)

The bitter voice of experience chimes in, eh? :p

jag

jaguarr said:
The bitter voice of experience chimes in, eh? :p

jag

Not me, stuff I saw on the news and such :p I only check out deaf personels boards sites, I have dated hearing people but I prefer girls who are deaf too, better for me.

Daisy said:
I met a couple okay guys on Match, but they weren't quite who they presented themselves to be in their profiles. It wasn't drastically different, but it was things that made them not right for me.

For example, one guy in his profile and initial messages came across as outgoing and with a strong personality, and then when I met him, he slouched and talked so quietly I kept having to ask him to repeat himself (and even then I couldn't here him sometimes). Apparently the anonymity of the net allowed him to appear bolder than he really was, and I'm sure that as he gets to know someone better he's more outgoing with them, but that's not the kind of guy I was looking for.

What part of sexual deviant did I mislead you with? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"