Good scenes in bad superhero movies

Jordacar

The Endless One
Reaction score
It's very difficult to make a 2-hour superhero movie that holds up to fanboy scrutiny. Occasionaly though, even the very worst of the worst have those diamond-in-the-rough scenes, those precious little moments that capture the comic book spirit we love. What are some of the good moments in otherwise bad comic-book movies? I'll start with a scene fromt the worst superhero movie of all, Schumacer's Batman and Robin:

Mr. Freeze is in Arkham, stuck in the "Cold Zone." If he steps outside, the warm air will kill him. He pulls an icicle off the ceiling, and proceeds to carve into it with a coin of something, eventually making a nice little ice sculpture of a ballerina (his wife). He then takes an old-fashioned clock, pulls the back off it, and fits the tiny ice-princess onto the gears of the clock. He sits and admires the spinning frozen ballerina.

Jessica Alba's body in Fantastic Four.

.........Nope. The only main stream superheromovies I didn't like were Elektra and the FF movies. And they had no redeeming factors for me. None at all.

those freakish tentacle things in the sky dangling above in Hellboy.
they were spooky !

Johnny Blaze transforming into Ghost Rider for the first time.

Penance Stare. If you didn't find that cool then you have something wrong with your brain.

.........Nope. The only main stream superheromovies I didn't like were Elektra and the FF movies. And they had no redeeming factors for me. None at all.

so according to you Silver Surfer sucked.:whatever:

Red Skull: 50 years ago, you were Dr. Vaselli's ridiculous idea...You remain a clownish symbol...that no one cares about.
Captain America:...I care...

I always liked that exchange.

As for others:

Superman III

The entire film. If I had to pick one guilty pleasure comic book film, that would be it. The fact that it tries to be funny but isn't at all is what makes it funny. That and I was always intreged with the idea for the menace set up against Superman. First he fights humans so to speak with Luthor, then he fought aliens in the form of Zod, Non and Ursa. So the idea of him going from Super-Villian to Super-Aliens to Super-Computer charms me.

Reminded me of the differentiating threats Ka-El would face in the Fliescher shorts.

CFE

Damn, beat me to it. ^^^^^

Superman III - Junkyard fight - Bad Superman v. Clark Kent.

In my mind, the very definition of a good scene in a bad superhero movie.

Damn, beat me to it. ^^^^^

Superman III - Junkyard fight - Bad Superman v. Clark Kent.

In my mind, the very definition of a good scene in a bad superhero movie.

And YOU beat ME to it. That was the first scene that popped into my mind.
Granted, it is a silly scene. Superman AND his clothes split? The weight of a giant magnet drives him into the ground? And for some reason the evil Superman has a Brooklyn accent? I guess Brooklyn is evil.
But non-the-less, it is entertaining to watch.

The scene in Spiderman 3 when Kirsten Dunst gets smacked-I cannot stand that Ferengi-toothed troll. I remember cheering when that happened. Best scene out of all of the Spiderman movies.

Oh, and Ellen Page running around in her tight outfit in X-Men 3-she's a snugglypuff.

Opening scene of Elektra when she takes out the security guards and then finally her target.

The scene in Spiderman 3 when Kirsten Dunst gets smacked-I cannot stand that Ferengi-toothed troll. I remember cheering when that happened. Best scene out of all of the Spiderman movies.
don't forget she looks like Billy Corgan in drag. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"