Has anybody here completely ditched cable in favor of online/streaming?

BatmanVSuperman

Gothopolis
Reaction score
Cable is outrageous :eek: I'm wondering if it is even worth keeping basic. :o

Netflix, Hulu, and other online websites can have a lot of movies and tv shows. Is it time to just give up on cable? :shr:

I did. I haven't had cable in years.

Yep. I have movies, (had and will get back) Netflix and various other streaming sites and never missed cable.

Microsoft apparently sees a future for television, since they used TV on your Xbone as a selling point.

Or maybe they're stupid.

The only downside I can think of is that some (all) companies will try to charge you out the wazoo for not having cable with your other services. Either they stick you with charges for canceling or jack up the prices for not having a bundle.

For the most part I don't watch cable television anymore.

When I move into my own place I'll probably have Netflix. Don't know about cable though.

I recently got rid of cable. I've got Netflix, Hulu Plus, and iTunes through an AppleTV, so I'm pretty much set. Even if I pay $40 each for complete seasons of 3 shows, that's still cheaper than cable by a long shot, so I don't miss cable TV.

I have no idea what I'll do for the next season of Game of Thrones, though.

Don't most stations let you do free streaming a day or so after it airs? If not you could always [BLACKOUT]REDACTED[/BLACKOUT] using a [BLACKOUT]REDACTED[/BLACKOUT].

I actually work for a company that does TV surveys and we've had to change it over the past few years to include streaming and Netflix programs because it's such a massive thing these days.

Not like this internet thing, it's just a fad.

Don't miss cable when I have Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, Amazon Prime, and HBO Go. :ninja:

I torrent everything.

It's a vicious cycle. I am not a fan of paying for cable because of all the channels I don't watch. However, I like that I have the option to watch so many things on so many channels.

Ugh.

:down

Cable is included with my rent but I also have Netflix. If I had to pay for cable I would probably just torrent what I wanted and not pay for cable. Sadly online streaming may get more expensive in the future if the major cable companies get there way with internet fast lanes as well as possibly implementing tiered data caps. Hopefully the FCC nips that in the bud but those companies lobby with millions of dollars.

What do you some of you consider too much to pay for cable?

Or in some areas cable/internet/telephone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"