Has there ever been villains created just for a comic book movie that have been good?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Has there ever been villains created just for a comic book movie that have been good? By that I mean a comic book movie that is based on an established character, that uses villains made up for the movie, instead of members of the hero's traditional rogues gallery ( ex: Nuclear Man).

Max Shreck (Batman Returns)

Walken = :up:

Was Frost in the Blade comic books ?

Yeah, Frost was a recurring character in 'Tomb of Dracula.'

However, Nomak wasn't...so there's another one.

Frost in the movie shares nothing with the comic book version other than the name. So I would actually count him as a made up villain too, really.

Also, CFE...are you really saying that mediocre FT13 remake was an event film? It wasn't even particularly good by Jason standards, and really dissapointed me, especially after how much I liked the TCM remake they did.

Well by event film I mean anything that has a previous impression/fan base. So far "Friday the 13th" is the first one...with "Watchmen" and (ugh) "Dragonball: Evolution" are next, followed by "Terminator," "Harry Potter," "Star Trek" etc. Then I rank them like so:

"Event Movie 1">>>"Event Movie 2">>> so on and so on.

I think "FT13" will be fairly low (maybe not as low as "DBE") but it wasn't that bad.

Though I do agree that Nispel's "TCM" remake was better...as was Rob Zombie's "Halloween" (personally).

I'm personally a fan of Zane's THE PHANTOM....I don't know if Xander Drax was in the comics, but if he wasn't, he's a good villian. I had fun watching the movie....and when Drax does thing like - while having a meeting in a New York city skyscraper he picks up a spear and skewers a guy...AND THEN grabs his shoulder and complains about how that act hurts his bursitis.....well hell, I laughed.

was going to come in and talk about max schreck.

nomak's another great hit.

nothing else really springs to mind.

Nomak was an awesome made up villain.

Prince Nuada, Mr Wink and Samael from the Hellboy movies were made up as well, they werent in the comics, but all 3 were awesome IMO.

Nuada was great. Not being a reader of the comics, I had no idea he was an original creation for the film. He's one of the better comic villains, made up or no.

Blade - Nomak, the Blood Pack

Hellboy - Prince Nuada

I think Howard Saint was made just for the movie.

I thought Travolta did quite well with what he had. Plus, John Travolta in a comic book movie, which at the time wasnt as big a thing as it is today, should have been the selling point IMO.

Howard Saint was never in any Punisher comic. He was strictly made up for the movie and is on par with Punisher villains.

Meaning that he is a criminal boss and nothing really special about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"