Hope Is Alive! Halo Live-Action Movie

KnightGambit

Civilian
Reaction score
L9DCgZJ.jpg

Yes we know that Microsoft has tried for YEARS to get a Halo movie off the ground. Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium) have been attached at one point.

Now Production weekly has updated there list with an 'Untitled Halo Project' they also added that Ridley Scott is making it (unknown if its directing or just producing)

Prison Break scribe Paul Scheuring is attached to pen the project!

ARTICLE - http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/01/Is-Ridley-Scott-Making-a-Live-Action-HALO-Movie.html

I'll believe it when they begin filming it.

When they actually start filming it I'll believe it.

Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt are starring in it. Comes out in June. :o

The prequel to THAT movie came out last year and it was called Oblivion. :o

Now that you talk about it, the director of Tron Legacy and Oblivion should do this

Interesting but I also won't be believing until officially announced and especially when a teaser or official images are released

Where's the announced live action Halo tv series? I can only believe this when it begins filming or i see a trailer

Even the diehard Halo community is getting burned out on these games. They should have struck when the iron was really hot.

Last edited:
Even the diehard Halo community are getting burned out on these games. They should have struck when the iron was really hot.

This is true. Having played the series since the very beginning over a decade ago, I feel no motivation for the series anymore which is sad. This is my favourite video game series but I feel like I'm done, I don't care about the expanded universe (novels) anymore like I used to, and I certainly don't want to buy an Xbox One just to play the next game.

It's like Mass Effect. They knew they had a hit on their hands. Why not start working on a movie a soon as the second game is out?

Even the diehard Halo community is getting burned out on these games. They should have struck when the iron was really hot.

That's strange, Halo games aren't even really that many or going through consecutive releases like Call of Duty. They waited quite a while to do another trilogy

That's strange, Halo games aren't even really that many or going through consecutive releases like Call of Duty. They waited quite a while to do another trilogy

I think he means in quality, even though it's not being released annually, I don't think the community has as much drive for the Halo series anymore, me included. I don't see as much excitement from the fans as I used to, especially in my circle of friends. We're all big Halo fans but we don't feel the excitement anymore.

So I guess it's like Warcraft... but at least Warcraft and (supposedly) Halo has good directors attached to em

Microsoft Denies "Halo" Movie Talk

By Garth Franklin Tuesday January 14th 2014 08:41AM
A recent post on Production Weekly's Twitter feed led to rampant speculation yesterday that "Alien" and "Prometheus" director Ridley Scott was involved in a film project based on the "Halo" video game series.
The industry site tweeted that Scott was producing a "live-action, feature-length digital" which "Prison Break" creator Paul Scheuring was writing, indicating it was a separate project to the previously announced, Steven Spielberg-produced "Halo" TV series being made for Microsoft's Xbox streaming service.
Unsurprisingly, Microsoft has now shot down the rumor. They tell Eurogamer:
"As always, we have many projects in the works that offer us the opportunity to bring in new audiences to the franchise, as we did in the past with Halo Legends and Halo: Forward Unto Dawn. We plan to continue telling the Halo story through innovative channels, but there are no plans for a Halo motion picture at this time."

If Assassin Creed makes a whole load of money then yeah, suddenly every video games will become big budget movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"