Horizon

It looks gorgeous and a very promising project. Indeed it's been a long while since we've had such an epic feel to what looks like a traditional western film.

Let's hope the script is good!

I have a feeling though he might not manage to film the rest of the movies, if the studio waits to see the performance of the first two. A two part western during summer season where each movie cost 100 million to make and are being released with only 40 days apart is going to be almost impossible to make enough money to convince them for two more of these.

I can't think of another time when a sequel followed a movie in such a close release proximity, obviously not counting something like the MCU where they're technically in the same franchise but not directly related, like Captain Marvel coming out six weeks before Endgame.

I can't think of another time when a sequel followed a movie in such a close release proximity, obviously not counting something like the MCU where they're technically in the same franchise but not directly related, like Captain Marvel coming out six weeks before Endgame.
I don't think this has ever been done before, certainly not to movies of this scale, and probably for a good reason. I think it was the wrong film to try this on.

I don't think this has ever been done before, certainly not to movies of this scale, and probably for a good reason. I think it was the wrong film to try this on.
In theory I think this could have worked with something like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Breaking Dawn, or Mockingjay because the fanbase/audience was already there and wouldn't have been much of a risk provided there was at least a six week period between movies to avoid box office cannibalization.

As it is if there was any summer to test this experiment out it's this one since it's not going to be as crowded as usual.

Yeah, usually it’s the 6 month gap like Back to the Future 2 and 3 or Matrix 2 and 3. And in those cases, 3 suffered at the box office.

Maybe Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima were released only 2 months apart. But then again, you didn’t necessarily need to see one or the other to understand either.

In theory I think this could have worked with something like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Breaking Dawn, or Mockingjay because the fanbase/audience was already there and wouldn't have been much of a risk provided there was at least a six week period between movies to avoid box office cannibalization.

As it is if there was any summer to test this experiment out it's this one since it's not going to be as crowded as usual.
I agree on both points.

This is neither the proper genre nor a proven franchise to try this. Many people will wait for its release in home media to see it or even find out about it then, but by the time it comes out, the second installment will already play in cinemas.

And yes, at least it's going to be a dry summer and this might help it, but on the other the lack of moviegoing experience is noticeable in the last few years and this could affect it negatively. Also we shouldn't give credit to WB for this. They didn't know how this year was shaping out to be when they first decided to distribute it this way. :hehe:

It's my most anticipated film for the rest of the year. Visually it looks beautiful and I'm always a sucker for a good western, especially of this sort of scale, something that we haven't seen in cinemas in a very long time. I hope it delivers.

It's my most anticipated film for the rest of the year. Visually it looks beautiful and I'm always a sucker for a good western, especially of this sort of scale, something that we haven't seen in cinemas in a very long time. I hope it delivers.

You will be disappointed, mane. Still! I give him the cred for even trying on this level and co financing.

You will be disappointed, mane. Still! I give him the cred for even trying on this level and co financing.
source.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"