How do you...?

Sugarculted

Sidekick
Reaction score
So, coming across images and images of member's large collections...I wondered to myself, where do they get all of these figures?

I was just wanting to know, as I find it hard to come up with such a collection as other members. Due to me having to buy the figures myself, and actually earning them.

Also, where do you get your figures mostly from? I gave up on my local Forbidden Planet store and went Ebaying, due to me picking up great deals on there.

Unmasked Ast.Wolvie, Variant Captain America, Maestro and Hulk for £15? Yes please :up:

I get my stuff from wal-mart mostly, or by trades. There are a lot of people that trade over here. And by earning them, makes me think you're a guy living with your parents. A lot of us are 18 and up over here, so we don't really have to earn them, as much as we have to be able to just afford them.

I get my stuff from wal-mart mostly, or by trades. There are a lot of people that trade over here. And by earning them, makes me think you're a guy living with your parents. A lot of us are 18 and up over here, so we don't really have to earn them, as much as we have to be able to just afford them.

I don't mean by my parents, I meant earning them yourself.

I'm almost 19, foo' :o

I was lucky enough to get started in Marvel Legends from the Start with the original Spider-man classics....I was 19 back then actually. Anyway I'd pick them up here and there at Wal-Marts, Zellerses, Toys R Uses and Comic Shops...Then Eventually I just started buying them from online stores.

For any future waves or figures you need I suggest a great online store called www.roughnecktoys.com. It's sweet.

Hmm. I checked that site. Didn't see much there. I wonder when they'll update?

there was actually some new stuff added today...and I hear it's actually gonna open soon

people ask me this often.. and i kinda wonder why... i mean im sure it's much harder to get past figures from the very early series... but i've been collecting Legends since the begining... and usually get them retail.

I get figs from many sources..

Retail: Toy's R Us, Walmart, KB toys, Target

Specialty stores: Collectible stores, Collector toy stores, Comic Shops

and online: Ebay.... alot of people hate dealing with Ebay.. but to be honest i've had some of my best deals on there... I also have gotten several figs by trading with the great people in this forum :)

and as for how i pay... well... parents helped alot.. but compared to most of my friends growing up.. i never wanted as much clothes or video games or movies that they had.. soo a $7.99 was a better deal then wanting more expensive stuff... so my parents didn't mine. ...

though... right now i am a full time student in LA... and since i havent had time for a job, my mom sends me about $140 a week for living expenses.. wich sucks because my car is a gas hog.. and i spend about $40 a week on that... $20-$30 goes to comics... and whats left i can use on food when my friends go out to eat and savings.. soo i save up and buy my figs.. sometimes sacraficing them over other things. But pride wise i will be happier when i get a job and wont need help from my mom

Greatest tool: finding out the ship days for stores like Target. Go ASAP on those days, and if they haven't put anything out yet or are in the process, just hang around playing the X-Box 360 demos until you can grab a fig. I'm 16, so when I didn't have my license last year, I couldn't get anything good at all. Now I'm all upons. Who knew my area had collectors....?

well i get all my figs from my local comic shops. theres a comic shop by me that has pretty much all the marvel legends action figure (but for a price$$$)

Greatest tool: finding out the ship days for stores like Target. Go ASAP on those days, and if they haven't put anything out yet or are in the process, just hang around playing the X-Box 360 demos until you can grab a fig. I'm 16, so when I didn't have my license last year, I couldn't get anything good at all. Now I'm all upons. Who knew my area had collectors....?
I wish it was that easy , but the people at the target & tRu i go 2 never seem to know anything about shipping dates on any products :cmad:

I've got most of my stuff at Wal-Mart, TRU, Target, KB Toys, etc, plus some stuff through trades here on the Hype. Don't usually get anything online unless its for something I missed or something that's rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"