How Spider-Man 3 should have been (rough draft)

If the film was fine, it wouldn't need fleshing. The director's cut version won't necessarily fix any plot holes, or give extra time for characters to develop. It's gonna give us a few scenes that were cut, a few more pointless characters, and it's gonna be $5-10 more than the first DVD release. Director's cuts are a cop-out, and a defense mechanism for crappy movies.
there is a difference between fine and fantastic.

:o

I'm not one to simply think that satifactory is sufficient.

and unlike you, i won't be buying both copies or at least tempted to, i'll simply wait for the 3.1 version.

if it doesn't come out, i'll simply get 3 at a bargain price...

everyone wins...

Bah.I thought the movie was fantastic the way it was.

and unlike you, i won't be buying both copies

I...uh....can't buy things I can't afford. And I usually don't buy stuff I don't like.....so...I...won't be buying them? You just confused the hell out of me by telling me what I was and wasn't going to do..... :huh:

Sorry Nate but I didn't like it that much... At the end of SM2 we have Peter and MJ in love... and you start your draft with Peter interested in Gwen.
At no moment in SM3 we have Peter interested in Gwen at all... "Dark Peter" just uses Gwen to hurt MJ.
If Gwen should have died or not is another detail... Maybe she should and that would give more reason for Brock to hate Peter, I'd give you that... I think Sam decided to "save" her for maybe the future and having Brock loosing his job and loosing his girl to Peter was enough.

cool. I hear what you're saying. I guess that's something I didn't clarify. At the start of my story Peter and MJ would still be "in love". Gwen would be introduced and Peter would have some kind of interest in her. With the symbiote's influence and Peter turning dark, I could see him taking further interest in her, (either for himself or to hurt MJ) This interest could be picked up with Harry, giving him a reason to hurt Gwen instead of MJ, giving Brock a better reason to hurt Spider-Man. I felt in this movie that Peter had some kind of interest in Gwen. In the Comic books she was a love interest and I thought that she meant at least something to him in this movie, even if only an infatuation. With a little writing and a full script this could easily work I think. Harry, in his confusion, (or with some helpful advice from his pyscho dad) could be convinced to hurt Gwen if it is seen to him that it would weaken Pete, or help him with his vengence.

I am not entirely sure that my own story works well as it is either. All of the motivators I've written stem from a loved one's death. You have Peter hating Sandman for the death of his uncle, Harry hating Pete for his Dad, and Venom hating Spidey for Gwen. It gets a little monotonous. Point is...I'm just trying to throw around some ideas and tie things together a little better, something I feel like the movie script didn't do. I'd also like to write this movie so that JJ's son bring back the symbiote with him in the shuttle. Either on accident or not. I dunno, but then it might seem less random and more explainable how this crazy entity would end up with Peter, especially if we have something like the shuttle crashing close to NY...Spider-Man could attempt a rescue and end up with the suit sticking to part of him and following him home, like we saw in the tv series.

Speaking of character, I also found the development (or lack thereof) strange in this movie. Harry hates Pete, but is given an amnesia so that he befriends Pete once again, only to regain memory and hate, then to befriend yet again. There was no point to any of this story, because his efforts were never concluded. His greatest pinnacle of plotting was getting MJ to break up with Pete. Hardly menacing. To add to this, nothing ever came of this semi-tragedy except a chance to see Pete's face wrinkle up into a glove yet again to let out some tears. The fact that it only took the butler's words to bring Harry to his senses makes Harry's intentions seem like they are entirely based on misconceptions. This takes away from the idea that he is crazed as his father was, and seeks only for revenge, unable to hear or listen to the voice of reason. This is what made Harry a good villain in the first place. There was so much odd development that went no where. This is such bad writing. I'm not trying to say that I can do better. I'm trying to say that most people could probably do better than the story we were told. Not that any of that matters...since that part of development wrapped up years ago and the movie has already hit theaters, heh.

Anyways, thanks for all coments and ideas, I appreciate you all indulging my little writer's fantasy here...(hehe and I have no experience with writing)

I...uh....can't buy things I can't afford. And I usually don't buy stuff I don't like.....so...I...won't be buying them? You just confused the hell out of me by telling me what I was and wasn't going to do..... :huh:
anytime, i suppose...

:confused:

Not to rain on the original posters thread but...

Im just wondering why MY thread about how i would have done S3 was closed without even a single comment by a mod? Can a Mod give me an explaination? I didnt even get a reason from a mod. Just Thread Closed.

No really. Can a mod tell me why my S3 alternate idea thread was closed. All i'd like is a PM or something?

I don't know man, if Harry thinks Gwen is Peter's g/f and thinks killing her is the same as killing his father then his relationship with his father would be a confusing one.

I dunno about Gwen dying. That's such an epic comic. And if she died in her first movie appearance, it wouldn't be as sad. If you're gonna do Death of Gwen, do it right.
But, I like the idea of tying Gwen's death to Brock's hatred of Spidey.

It's a shame they just had to have Sandman in there. If I directed Spidey 3, I'd do Harry as the Goblin, Eddie Brock, and Black Spidey...but not Venom. I'd save Venom for SM4. I would use SM3 to develop Brock's hated for Spidey. Peter gets rid of the suit at the end and we think it's gone. In SM4, Brock goes to the church and gets the symbiote. Very much how it is in the comics.

Doing it that way would also give more time for developing the symbiote itself as a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"