How will the MCU look by "Avengers: Infinity War Pt1"?

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
With still 3 years and another full phase of MCU movies to go before the next Avengers installment, How do you think the MCU will be shaping up by the time the "Infinity War" climax of Phase 3 reaches our screens?

Personally I think they're going to set up the grand return of the "Big Three" in A:IWpt2 by distancing them even more from the Avengers line-up throughout the course of the next few movies...

• Tony Stark/Iron Man - either incumbent director of S.H.I.E.L.D, or just out of the suit and back to running Stark Industries
  • Thor Odinson - residing in Asgard, possibly on the throne following the events of Thor: Ragnarok
  • Steve Rogers/Captain America - presumed dead, with the mantle taken up by either Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (my personal preference) or Sam Wilson/Falcon, with both being part of a "Secret Avengers" team post-Civil War along with the likes of Natasha Romanaov/Black Widow, Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Clint Barton/Hawkeye, (who I hope we get to see as Goliath at some point now that "Pym Particles" are in the game) and James Rhodes/War Machine.

Which could maybe leave us with a "New Avengers" team that uses the line-up at the end of A:AOU as a transitional point and builds around the recently introduced characters from that line-up with others from Phase 3 giving us a roster that includes...

• Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
  • Vision
  • Scot Lang/Ant-man
  • Hope Van Dyne/Wasp
  • T'Challa/Black Panther

...and one other to make up a 6-man roster which I don't think will be Doctor Strange, as I've a feeling they could make him more of a mentor to The Defenders team featuring Luke Cage, Danny Rand/Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, which seems like it's going to be more like 2005's "New Avengers" title than that from which it takes it's name.

Daredevil, by this time will probably be solo again if the speculation that the Netflix shows are heading towards a "Shadowland" scenario in the Defenders miniseries turns out to be correct, and it would be nice to see him and Spider-Man encounter each other in the MCU, which would be a wasted opportunity were the two both to feature in A:IWpt1 and not have that one-on-one interaction.

ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the soon to be seen Secret Warriors team will hopefully have some kind of cameo or mention, with the latter team being well established after a couple more seasons of AoS

Guardians Of The Galaxy, I don't have a clue about, though bringing Yondu into the line-up would work for me :)
Neither Captain Marvel nor The Inhumans will have had their own movie yet by then so they'll probably be hinted at but not necessarily feature, unless maybe there's a lead-in to the Captain Marvel movie somehow.

...and last but by no means least, there's HULK, who's return I have no doubt will be anything short of AWESOME, though it would have been nice to fit a "Planet Hulk" movie into Phase 3!, :)

Disney could so easily have screwed up the MCU but they have handled their ownership of Marvel more respectfully than any of us could have imagined and the way characters cross over from one movie to another gives Marvel's "Cinematic Universe" the same sense of scale that it's comic book universe has always presented us with, and that is an achievement in itself.
:)

As far as the state of Earth goes, I'm thinking all sorts of things are going to be messed up. It'll start being as complex and perpetually in peril as it is in the comics. To think, 7 years ago, the craziest thing the Earth's public was aware about (SHIELD has apparently been involved in some crazy stuff prior, but I'm not counting that) was Captain America fighting a secret sector of the Nazis, and Tony fighting a rival businessman with power suits.

By now, mankind has experienced an alien invasion, a few Asgardian clashes, a near extinction (Ultron's plan), next year a large scale clash between superheroes (and a large scale biological terrorist attack I'm assuming), and who knows what by the time of Infinity War, in which humanity will face yet another alien invasion/extinction level event when Thanos comes knocking. It'll be a miracle if several religious groups don't go completely nuts from so many startling revelations.

Now all we need is Fantastic Four rights to revert back to Marvel, and then Earth can almost be eaten by Galactus, barely stave off world domination by Dr. Doom, and maybe even face an Annihilation Wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"