Hulk question

Planet Hulk is plain and simple awesome.

MR.Fixit said:
I feel the Hulk is too rich in character to fall in that trap,but what do you think?

Not an insult, not a putdown, an honest question true believers: :o

how can a character who's intellect is below my 11 year old sister's be rich in character??

MyPokerShirt said:

how can a character who's intellect is below my 11 year old sister's be rich in character??

Gives him all sorts.

Actually, on a psychological level and if you break him down, Hulk is very much a deep character.

MyPokerShirt said:

Well that's not always the case. The Hulk in Planet Hulk is cool and collected, large and in charge, and still gets into rampage mode. As far as the richness of the character - Hulk isn't just Hulk; he's Bruce Banner. With a good writer on board that's a dichotomy that is rich with character.

i think this is a good direction for this thread. prove hulk has some depth. as a spidey fan tragedy isnt too far away. apart from being a man-monster (tragic in itself), does tragedy play a part in hulks life? whatever happened to betty?

That's what I want to know, where the hell is Betty? she hasn't appeared or been mentioned since I restarted collecting Hulk

I believe she died of cancer?

Maybe not. I know that she was allegedly killed having to do with the Leader I think.

Well not really actually, we dont know, shes believed dead after being poisoned by Abomination I think I dont think it was ever confirmed if she was dead or not.

Wasn't she ressurrected? And had some plastic surgery having something to do with the Leader or something?

Well that was when Hulk was under the control of Nightmare and her body supposedly washed up on a beach and something about The Leader giving her plastic surgery but we never found out if it was real or not.

boy am I confused:confused: , well hopefully this will be resolved after Planet Hulk. it would be a shame to kill her off though, everyone needs their own MJ, Sue, Jean Grey. even the Hulk/Banner

Personally I like Hulk best in small doses. I enjoy reading an X-men, Wolverine, Spiderman or any other book I enjoy, then seeing a pissed off Hulk on the cover with the hero having an "OH Shi#" look on his face. I also like Hulk for big events if he's in the back row and does one incredible character defining thing. Like in secret wars, or against Onslaught, he makes a difference but it's not his story. I've never been able to actually enjoy reading his book as a whole. He's had his moments and I enjoyed the war hulk angle and maestro stories, but other than that it doesn't hit me as a title I want to pick up.

I know some will hate me for this lol, but I tribute a lot of it to his superman syndrome. I look at one pic of planet hulk and it reminded me exactly of a pic from when superman was in space and made a gladiator without powers (didn't read that arc but know about it). I enjoy his character, his flaws, but ultimately I don't like the situations he's put in. Also compared to other characters, I feel Hulk lacks enough good villains. Not to say his good villains aren't good or formidable, but for the most part most are forgettable. I would probably have to struggle to name more than 5 really good hulk villains. Not trashing Hulk, just saying he needs a better aresenal of villains, and hopefully Planet Hulk will bring out some better situations. Looks like a good story to me so far.

Eh one more thing, this is more of a pet peeve, and Hulk writers aren't the only ones but I hate how he treats others villains and rules. Like stopping the Juggernaut, while fine, it was kinda a rule and while it coulda been saved for a really cool moment it became forgettable. Or like him trashing Gladiator, while I like Hulk better than Supes, Gladiator is superman lvl. While this might have been Hulk writers one upping Superman at Gladiators expense, Gladiator really shouldn't have been beat like he was a B rate villain. He's bent adamantium, where Thor going full out could barely smash secondary adamantium (not nearly adamantium lvl) in an Ultron arc.

Also I realize Thor is not at Hulk's flat out strength, but whats the point of rules if Hulk doesn't have to follow them, and I think that hurts Hulk as well. Why state Adamantium is near unbreakable, the Juggernaut is unstoppable if Hulk will simply break those rules for shock value. Guess it just feels like it cheapens Hulk, and the Hero's who take an entire team to beat a villain Hulk knocks out in one punch in a side panel.

Writers write,they change things.we all know that.maybe its what you believe and see best.I think the Hulk is the very definition of power and strength,so I choose to believe the writers who get Hulk to beat characters like Gladiator so easy.well.on that subject I would have liked to have seen a better,longer and more meaninful fight.I remember what Gladiator did to the Thing and the Thor fight was immense.So yeah it shoulda been better.But I've been a Hulk fan since i was,like,born.27 now and he's the best

MyPokerShirt said:

Think of it this way: God, the real one of the Bible, all knowing, all powerful, etc.... says 'you can't enter heaven unless you enter as a child (like a child).'

If a child's intellect is rich enough for God, then the Hulk's character is rich enough for me. :up:

Darthphere said:
Sadly, id say the way Wolverine is written nowaday hes far more boring than the Hulk and Superman.

This is what I don't get with wolverine, it's not that he has constantly been improving, it just seems to get better or worse to suit the story's requirements. I mean look at the latest issue of "wolverine:origins" in this one cap severs the tendons in his hands so he can't use his claws and yet around the same time (i'm probably wrong on this but I think this is the time period) he's surviving nuclear bombs and recovering whole limbs in seconds. If he was constantly improving that would be bad but acceptable, it's the lack of consistency that pisses me off. One of my favourite things about comics is the continuity aspect! GRRRR!

rodhulk said:
Think of it this way: God, the real one of the Bible, all knowing, all powerful, etc.... says 'you can't enter heaven unless you enter as a child (like a child).'

If a child's intellect is rich enough for God, then the Hulk's character is rich enough for me. :up:

im an atheist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"