Hype RPGs: The Official Soundtrack

In anticipation for MB's returning run as Batman (I've read his revised pitch-- so good, y'all), I've found a little mood music for Gotham City. It's a little less 'gothic/film noir' and a lot more 'burned-out drug addict,' but I still think it fits Gotham to a T.

"Dead Flag Blues"- Godspeed You Black Emperor

[YT]XVekJTmtwqM[/YT]

(And no, this totally isn't a none-too-subtle hint for MB to get his rear in gear :sus)

Last edited:
Some more stuff for DC-YO. I'm trying to avoid the typical symphonic stuff, mostly for the sake of novelty.

Krypton: "Kharak System" by Paul Ruskay, from the video game Homeworld
[YT]BM8GYS305EE[/YT]

Krypton's Destruction: "Tears of Karan" (adapted from Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings") by Paul Ruskay, also from Homeworld)
(Warning: this is literally the saddest song ever, don't listen if you don't want to be reduced to a blubbering puddle of sad)
[YT]SNKmgSvTewQ[/YT]

Lois Lane: "Channel 1 Suite" by the Cinematic Orchestra
[YT]P-a6c1b0qCs[/MEDIA]

Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen: "Royals" cover by Puddles' Pity Party
[YT]VBmCJEehYtU[/YT]

Lex Luthor: "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails
(I cannot believe it took me this long to put this song to Lex)
[YT]ao-Sahfy7Hg[/YT]

Luthor vs Superman: "Blood and Thunder" by Mastodon
[YT]v-Su1YXQYek[/YT]

And one for later.....

The Justice League: "Clockwork Angels" by Rush
[YT]IIAftTV4tBk[/YT]

I know I'm not playing her in any way, shape, or form, but if I ever get the opportunity to play Harley Quinn, I've found the perfect song for her and Mr. J:

"Hallelujah" cover by Puddles' Pity Party

[YT]ItXygU9SJCA[/YT]

Probably the most appropriate song I can think of for the Basement itself:

T.I.M.E. by Neil Cicierega:

[YT]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DsoCe7C4Kmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

Looks and sounds all big and epic, but all we're really doing is hanging out and amusing ourselves.

Last edited:
Some new songs for All-New One Universe

Superman: "All I Need Is You" by Rob Cantor
It is insanely hard to find music for Supes that isn't just one of his movie/TV themes, but I think this one fits pretty damn well for the current arc. You can put him through all kinds of hell, but at the end of the day, all he needs is his family and all is right with the world.

Mr. Mxyzptlk: "Annoyed Grunt" by Neil Cicierega

Really, anything by Cicierega is appropriate, since just like Mxy, the guy is a master of warping and rearranging things for nothing more than his own amusement. This one, though, I think really encapsulates Mxy's status as a master-level dimensional troll. It's just an absolute musical nightmare.

Bizarro World: "Lunacy" by Swans

Originally I was gonna go with "Rockets Fall On Rocket Falls" by Godspeed You Black Emperor, but I don't think a 'character impression' song should be twenty minutes long. This one has the same effect, ramping up the tension and wrongness of being on a world where nothing makes any sense, overseen by horrible powers beyond comprehension. Dig it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"