Hype TV Club watches Boardwalk Empire in June 2016

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
LnGZvUk.png

Boardwalk Empire

Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows.
The Discussion Thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=491461

The only rules are

• Only shows on the list will be selected
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons
  • Each show on the generator has a minimum of 10 episodes per season, if not, we will watch S1&2
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before aka don't be a jerk
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule as subject to Deletion

In this thread we will be talking about our viewing experiences with the show. You all are welcome to join, so we'll talk about what we like and/or dislike about the show we're watching.

What is Boardwalk Empire?
Boardwalk Empire is a period drama focusing on Enoch "Nucky" Thompson (based on the historical Enoch L. Johnson), a political figure who rose to prominence and controlled Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition period of the 1920s and 1930s.

[YT]e6z71l6HQwQ[/YT]​

I've always been meaning to rewatch this show since it ended. I wonder how much season 1 holds up.

For me season 3 is my favorite, it was like a perfect storm of craziness.

I started watching this show when it first premiered as I was uber-hyped for it. Saw most of the 1st season but gave up. It just felt too gangster-by-numbers for me. I think maybe I over-hyped it in my head or something, but I just found it damned disappointing. I haven't watched any of it since. Maybe I'll enjoy it more with my expectations in check this time.

From what I remember from season 1, it is probably the weakest season. Season 2 is a lot better, but like I said earlier season 3 is the crown jewel and it introduced me and the world to the actor known as Bobby Cannavale.

I started watching where I left off, right at the beginning of Season 4. So far I'm interested mostly in the stuff involving Chalky and his club, and Van Alden and...well, Van Alden.

i think i own all of these seasons now except for season 2. so let's go!

i initially avoided this show cuz i was tired of hearing about it, much like i avoided GoT and I ended up liking that show. hoping to enjoy this one too especially since there are some great actors in it.

and kane, if you like Bobby, you should watch his stint on Will & Grace lol. that's what i remember him most from

Rewatched episode 1. It still holds up for the most part.

i actually wasn't too impressed with Episode 1.
i'm kinda interested in how Mrs Schroeder's life is going to intertwine with the story going with Nucky and all

i'm glad Mr Shroeder got what he deserved. The costumes and settings look great for a 1920's era though, but i was not digging the Opera song that the guy whose name i can't remember was listening to when he got offed at the end.

the girl Nucky was hooking up with totally reminds me of Myrtle from the Great Gatsby though.

I re-watched the first two and they still fell flat with me. I really hope I make it to the end of S1 this time, lol.

just finished episode 2.

here i was, thinking Jimmy might be an okay guy, and he's two-timing his wife smh. I kinda like how Al Capone is in this, and i wonder how much of what they're using with him is factual, or if any of the characters are based on real people. too lazy to google lol

Van Alden seems like a diligent cop and i knew as soon as Nucky told Jimmy how many dead bodies they collected, that someone would show up at the end. i couldn't care less about the guy and the 19 year old "claudia" storyline, so if i don't see them again, that's totally fine lol

also, this was really weird, but i have never heard the song playing at the end of the episode, but i knew some of the words. it was kinda odd lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"