Superman Returns I Finally Saw Superman Returns

Still A ThorFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I rented the movie last night and I'll tell you right now I wanted to like it. I wanted to like it because I love the first two films. But in my opinion Superman Returns was dreadful. I almost fell asleep during the middle of the movie.

Here is what bothered me. First off Brandon Routh was terrible. If Superman was gone for 5 years no reason why they couldn't find a slightly more mature and muscular actor to play the part. His portrayal of Clark was terrible. No where near Christopher Reeves. I think Kevin Spacey was fine as Lex, but he could have had some better lines, should have had some more screen time. I mean Superman didn't even defeat him, Kitty did! Come on! That's a joke man.

I like the whole idea of him being gone for 5 years and making a return. Bryan's directing was fine, but the script and story weren't any good. There was no excitement, no build up, nothing. I found Superman Returns to be a very disappointing and boring movie.

This guys name should be "Still a *****ebag" for starting a dumbass thread like this when there are SOOOOO many on who liked and who didn't like SR.

But his was the opinion I've been waiting so dreadfully long for.

No one cares what you think. You shoulda posted the review a while ago when people may have actually flamed you for it. Now no one can be bothered.

Still A ThorFan said:
I rented the movie last night and I'll tell you right now I wanted to like it. I wanted to like it because I love the first two films. But in my opinion Superman Returns was dreadful. I almost fell asleep during the middle of the movie.

Here is what bothered me. First off Brandon Routh was terrible. If Superman was gone for 5 years no reason why they couldn't find a slightly more mature and muscular actor to play the part. His portrayal of Clark was terrible. No where near Christopher Reeves. I think Kevin Spacey was fine as Lex, but he could have had some better lines, should have had some more screen time. I mean Superman didn't even defeat him, Kitty did! Come on! That's a joke man.

I like the whole idea of him being gone for 5 years and making a return. Bryan's directing was fine, but the script and story weren't any good. There was no excitement, no build up, nothing. I found Superman Returns to be a very disappointing and boring movie.

I am sorry for you! I find Superman Returns a BEAUTIFUL SENSIBLE movie!!! I am in love of Superman Returns! Of course that I would like to see more action and a better costume and a more muscular Brandon! But with all that! WAS AMAZING!!

I agree, with SUPERSEBAS. But couldn't Still AThor fan find one of the already existing threads to post this in?

I have nothing wrong with him giving his opinion, but I'm getting tired of seeing the man's last name misspelled so much...

I didn't bother looking through the boards for a review thread mainly because I didn't feel like it.

Now, I bet had I said how great Superman Returns was all of your responses would have been different.

And for what it is worth, I was just being honest and wasn't trying to rile everyone up.

Some of you have to f'n grow up and stop acting like little babies just because you don't approve or agree with someone's opinion.

actually, if you had posted if you loved it, you'd get the same response...

you could of easily said this in the "rate and review Superman Returns" thread...
I'm not trying to be mean, we just don't need so many threads like this.

Still A ThorFan said:
I didn't bother looking through the boards for a review thread mainly because I didn't feel like it.

Now, I bet had I said how great Superman Returns was all of your responses would have been different.

And for what it is worth, I was just being honest and wasn't trying to rile everyone up.

Some of you have to f'n grow up and stop acting like little babies just because you don't approve or agree with someone's opinion.
Or maybe you have to grow up and stop acting like a little baby because no one gives a rat's ass that you finally saw a movie that's been out for months.

In other groundbreaking news, I just saw The Empire Strikes Back. :dry:

Mister J said:
Or maybe you have to grow up and stop acting like a little baby because no one gives a rat's ass that you finally saw a movie that's been out for months.

In other groundbreaking news, I just saw The Empire Strikes Back. :dry:

LOL!

Masut said:
No one cares what you think. You shoulda posted the review a while ago when people may have actually flamed you for it. Now no one can be bothered.
You COULD NOT be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful.

^ Ahh. The One With Russ. :up:

Did you really think you needed your own thread? A bit self-important, isn't it?

Hello there.

Action ACE said:
This guys name should be "Still a *****ebag" for starting a dumbass thread like this when there are SOOOOO many on who liked and who didn't like SR.

Maybe your name should be Action @SS!? :oldrazz:

You know I almost feel like starting a new thread with my thoughts on the dreadful Superman Returns just to annoy muppets like you. :whatever:

Its hardly the end of the world having someone post a new thread on the matter. You could argue it has been done to death, but hey, we are six months down the line and the opinions may have changed as the initial elation that Superman is back on the big screen has worn off and the horror of Singer's abomination has started to sink in.

Still A ThorFan said:

Fair enough. I think this guys entitled to share his views on the film without being slated for it - after all, this is an internet forum which is made for people to share their opinions.

I share some of your views on the film - it was rather boring at times. All in all, it was a "fine" movie ... nothing spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"