I'm out of it for a little while, everyone has delusions of grandure

The only way I'd approve of the armor as the cause of the Monarch crap is if the armor returned on its own as a villain and Captain Atom got to punch it right in its stupid, hollow face.

What' iv'e been saying from the get go was that the Captain Atom we saw in Countdown wasn't the new Earth Captain Atom but some other one who either hijacked the suit from Atom or went on his own universal jaunt due to the same circumstances that made nathaniel originally go Bleed surfing. Nate comes back like, hey guys, what I miss? And imidiately gets attacked by the Atom, Kyle Rayner, and Donna Troy who are supposed to be some kinda watchmen of the watchmen or some s**t. You know? How about we just go with an "It was all an autistic boys dream" ending?

That's another thing. I don't get how Kyle and Donna are supposed to be guarding the Multiverse if they're on the Corps and the Titans, respectively. Normally I'd just chalk it up to one thing taking place before the other or assume they're splitting their time between each duty, but protecting the Multiverse seems like a long-term, full-time job, doesn't it?

Yeah. Either they aren't doing a very good job of it, or everybody just forgot about the stupid idea and moved on.

Monitors: Oh noes, the Challengers of the Beyond!
Kyle: That's right, and we'll be keeping an eye on you... forever!
Monitors: No! We must pointlessly bicker amongst ourselves like the useless morons we are regarding this new development!
*Challengers fly away*
Donna: Think they bought it?
Kyle: I dunno. Anyway, I gotta get back, the Guardians'll spank me if I'm away from Oa for more than, like, ten minutes.
Donna: Yeah, and I've gotta get back to the other Titans so Dick can spank me. Er... I mean, or Dick will spank me. Heh. Bye!

Yeah, this whole Countdown mess was just one big Dick-spank.

All of this makes me happy that I had enough sense to drop Coutdown after it's third week, good grief.

It took me like 12 more weeks, but I did the same.

You still managed to get out early. I tend to have a decent radar when it comes to detecting DC filler. I didn't bother with Amazons Attack or Death of the New Gods for that reason and dropped Trinity after week 3 as well. I wish I had that same gift when it came to Marvel maybe then I'd still be reading some of the titles they publish.

I read it all the way through. I dig bad comics sometimes.

I'm a DCU completist, so I read it all the way through. And Cain, DOTNG wasn't bad at all. It wasn't Shakespeare, but it was a good solid sendoff for the classic New Gods iteration. The last issue was kind of ********, but that wasn't Starlin's fault at all.

Yeah, Death of the New Gods was alright.

It had some really nifty cosmic themes and did a lot with a little, but it was ultimately an editorial commission and read like one.

did a lot with a little
That, to me, is what's most worthy of being focused on with DotNG. Jim Starlin can take the lemon of editorial mandates and make some pretty damn tasty lemonade. Being able to make an editorially mandated story readable and even enjoyable is an art form in and of itself.

but it was ultimately an editorial commission and read like one.
Only the last issue, really.

You still managed to get out early. I tend to have a decent radar when it comes to detecting DC filler. I didn't bother with Amazons Attack or Death of the New Gods for that reason and dropped Trinity after week 3 as well. I wish I had that same gift when it came to Marvel maybe then I'd still be reading some of the titles they publish.

Why didn't you like Trinity? That's the best weekly DC series has had IMO.

Busiek, Ordway, Bagley and Fabian are doing incredible work on that title.

Why didn't you like Trinity? That's the best weekly DC series has had IMO.
Ho now. That's a stretch. 52 will probably always be the standard for weeklies, or at least for awhile. Trinity's good, but it's just now really finding its feet on the ninth issue, and it's just not as good as 52 was.

The bit of Trinity I read just seemed laden down with crushingly forced pseudo-gravitas and self-importance. I just can't have with this DC worshiping itself business anymore.

Ho now. That's a stretch. 52 will probably always be the standard for weeklies, or at least for awhile. Trinity's good, but it's just now really finding its feet on the ninth issue, and it's just not as good as 52 was.
It seems to have only just found its direction in this week's issue. But now that it has that direction, I'm looking forward to where Busiek takes it next. It kind of reads like a better version of his JLA Classified arc a while back.

And how about how the F***ed up the Martian Manhunter.

Then, because they screwed him up so badly, they killed him off.

I'm betting they do a Star Trek III and get him a cloned body and import the memories he's stored in his team mates minds into that new body

What a mess DC is these days.

I just love the end all be all titles.

I'm betting they do a Star Trek III and get him a cloned body and import the memories he's stored in his team mates minds into that new body

Or they'll replace him with an ethnic minority.... which is odd because you can't get more of a minority than the last of your kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"